× List the Glasspar boats you have found around your town, state, classifieds or other resource. Or list your own boat for sale here!

Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon 1960 Seafair Sedan

More
2 years 7 months ago #28983 by 16again
Replied by 16again on topic 1960 Seafair Sedan
Don't go 100 miles out of your way to retrieve additional pics. If you have some locally great if not don't worry about it.
Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #28989 by 16again
Well my son and I took a trip to Farmington NM last Friday to pickup the Seafair Sedan advertised. Drove all the way 986 miles on Friday went to dinner and got a room and were in by 10. Sat morning after breakfast we drove out to Navajo Dam to meet with Ken. Other than having to shovel snow and ice it was an extremely easy transaction. The boat was as advertised and as discussed with Ken. It was a total pleasure meeting Ken and talking about the boat, my son and I were both very impressed with his willingness to help and providing everything requested. Thanks Ken, I can't wait to get started on it but promised the wife I would finish the one I'm working on and my G3 before starting this acquisition.
I'm sorry that Ken had to get rid of the boat as he would have been a great addition to our Association and the hobby in general. He's quality guy.
After finishing the paper work we drove back to Fresno getting home at 11:30 pm, fought a head wind all the way from NM to the west side of Tehachapi. Mileage went from 17 at 80 going to 11 at 80 returning. All and all a great trip.

More
2 years 7 months ago #28990 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic 1960 Seafair Sedan
Jack,

Glad to hear it was a safe trip, albiet long. Please post some pics of your latest acquisition on the main forum.

George

• Ken J
  • Ken J's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boater
  • Fresh Boater
More
2 years 7 months ago #28991 by Ken J
Replied by Ken J on topic 1960 Seafair Sedan
Thank you for the very kind words - I am so glad the boat went to someone who will really appreciate her - I have/ had very mixed feelings about letting her go - I REALLY looking forward to seeing her get fixed up and wet once again - it's a great boat !

Ken J

More
2 years 7 months ago #28993 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic 1960 Seafair Sedan
Wow Jack! That is great! I thought when you expressed an interest in that nice Seafair, that you might go get it, but actually doing it is still impressive. I admit I was considering a 600 mile round trip to get a boat but 2K miles is way beyond my boat acquisition ambitions :woohoo: Eventually I did find one though, much closer to home. More about that later.

Hmm, if you put your "fleet" in the water at the same time and got some volunteer pilots, you could form a "cruise" around just your boats. B)

-JR (Jerry)

More
2 years 6 months ago #29059 by 16again
Just looking back over old posts and noticed yours, you should have said something about the trident, it needed floor but was really a pretty decent boat, considerable less work than your latest project.
See ya Sat.
Jack

Moderators: gwbell
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds