× List the Glasspar boats you have found around your town, state, classifieds or other resource. Or list your own boat for sale here!

Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon 1960 Seafair Sedan

• Ken J
  • Ken J's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boater
  • Fresh Boater
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #28968 by Ken J
1960 Seafair Sedan was created by Ken J
1960 Seafair sedan – I purchased this boat in 2001 with a plan to restore it – I had it professionally painted with Imron paint to its original colors. I’ve refinished all the interior wood with nice man-o-war varnish and other numerous projects over the years. I have not worked on it in a number of years due to other projects and life – it has been stored indoors all this time and its time to realize I will never get back to it – it is in excellent shape all that needs to be done is fiberglass the floor (plywood is cut) back in, reupholster the seats (have the material) and reassemble. I have everything needed to complete I think the only thing you will need to purchase is window rubber and a motor. Trailer is in decent condition and would be able to make a long trip. I would like to see it go to a good home so make me some kind of offer to compensate for some of the cost and its yours. I do have a 25hp motor, but would want to sell that. Boat is located in Farmington NM. Please e-mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #28969 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic 1960 Seafair Sedan
Ken,

It's a shame you won't be finishing this project after putting in so much work already. The Seafair Sedan is a wonderful boat and handles very well in the water!

I do appreciate you offering her up here on this site, especially with such a generous offer. Hopefully, one of our members will take you up on the offer, and she'll find a great new owner to complete her journey.

Thank You!

George

• Ken J
  • Fresh Boater
  • Fresh Boater
More
2 years 8 months ago #28970 by Ken J
Replied by Ken J on topic 1960 Seafair Sedan
Thank you George for your kind words - In the time I've owned the boat I've built a house and restored two vintage Airstreams - second one still not finished - it's for sure time to play - ummmm we won't talk about age and why I'm thinking this way lol !!

Ken J

• Ken J
  • Fresh Boater
  • Fresh Boater
More
2 years 8 months ago #28980 by Ken J
Wow very surprised to have not received any response for a basically free boat in incredible shape - I've been paying about 50/month to store this inside - so what do folks do - send them to the junk yard -? I'm not up for storing it any more -

Ken J

More
2 years 7 months ago #28981 by 16again
Replied by 16again on topic 1960 Seafair Sedan
Sorry to hear your having difficulty finding a home for the Sedan, looks like a really nice boat. Presently doing one myself. May still be interested in yours however. Do you have any pics of when the floor was removed and what it looks like now? Will email you later today.
Jack

• Ken J
  • Fresh Boater
  • Fresh Boater
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #28982 by Ken J
The floor is still open - I do have the new piece cut to be glassed in - the stingers are in perfect shape - I'll look around today and see if I can find a picture - the boat is 50 miles from where I am so not easy to take pictures - the floor itself was not in bad shape when I got it - no rot - but I think like you I wanted to make sure everything was good so I opened it up and to my pleasant surprise it was ! :-)

Ken J

Moderators: gwbell
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds