× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan

• 16again
  • 16again's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
4 years 3 months ago #29292 by 16again
Replied by 16again on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
I ended up running the glass thru the stationary belt sander and taking off as much rubber as I thought necessary and then trial fitting after a few tries it came out good enough for my purposes.
Hadn't heard about Tahoe, will look into it.
Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #29302 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
So custom orders does not seem to be the way to go. Yes...I tend to be hard headed, even when I'm told something won't work... :blush: Other quotes:

Britech Industries - Set up costs = $450; Initial Tooling = $0.65/ft; Material (black) = $0.65/ft.

Premier Seals Mfg. - Set up costs = $325; Material (black) = $4.15/ft for 100-ft minimum

Goodyear Rubber - Build to print company and does not do small runs. Suggested McMaster-Carr. McMaster-Carr does seem to have a couple of profles that are close, but no cigar. Again, in black. Maybe a viable option since prices appear to be reasonable. www.mcmaster.com/#rubber-u-channels/=122xclg

George

More
4 years 3 months ago #29306 by Terrydi
Replied by Terrydi on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
George,

Thanks for your efforts.

Actually pulling Mama Mia! home today from storage. As the nuns used to tell us its time put on your thinking caps. Gotta be a solution. Still think they are simply grabbing the wrong die.

Terry

• 16again
  • 16again's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
3 years 7 months ago #29746 by 16again
Replied by 16again on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
Merry Christmas Terry-
Did you ever get any additional info on the window molding? I'm getting ready to go to work on putting the NM boat back together and all of the windows must be re installed. I have been thinking about possibly spacing the windows in the existing channels after polishing and then fill one side at a time with white silicone caulking. Haven't tried it yet even as a test but seems like it might be a viable option. Give me your thoughts.
Jack

More
3 years 4 months ago #29767 by Charlie_N
Replied by Charlie_N on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
Attachments:

More
3 years 4 months ago #29768 by Charlie_N
Replied by Charlie_N on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
Her is the best picture I have of my 30 year old piece. 1/4 glass, 21/32 wide and 17/32 tall.

Is this considered the Wefco 1116G

I am also trying to identify the Hatch seal and windsheild top finisher for the Phaeton.
Thanks,
Charlie N

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds