× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #29254 by Terrydi
Replied by Terrydi on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
Jack,
Your 11/16 width is close to what I have at 21/32. What is height of the profile?

George,
I am confident in the dimensions I posted. I used a caliper accurate to a 64th so I believe my numbers are good.
I talked to Pete at Wefco years ago and I seem to recall that he said he was the owner. Robin is his daughter and is my go to person.

Sam,
I looked over the Taylor Made product line and don’t see anything suitable for this application.

Eddie,
If in fact Wefco is not the OEM they must have acquired the original tooling at some point.

Thanks Guys,
Terry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 16again
  • 16again's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
4 years 4 months ago #29261 by 16again
Replied by 16again on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
Terry the long leg is 19/32" and short is 17/32" as best as I car read increments that small.

More
4 years 4 months ago #29262 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan

Terrydi wrote:
George,
I am confident in the dimensions I posted. I used a caliper accurate to a 64th so I believe my numbers are good.
I talked to Pete at Wefco years ago and I seem to recall that he said he was the owner. Robin is his daughter and is my go to person.

Thanks Guys,
Terry

Terry,

In my earlier post, I wasn't questioning your measuring methods. I assumed they were pretty accurate since you were getting down to such small fractions. What I was questioning is the material we are measuring. It's just I would assume 50+ year old rubber material compressed in a metal channel has deformed in some way, not to mention other aging effects that may have occured.

I do recognize that is probably the best we can come up with in matchng the original dimensions. Especially since no one has stepped forward with a stash of NOS material. That would be cool...wouldn't it?!?

I did receive some additional replies from other suppliers, and I'll try to post later today.

George

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #29263 by Terrydi
Thanks Jack,
Your measurements appear to be the same stuff they sold me. Found this picture and it shows how far off the width actually is.

George,
Some of the pieces I have on the boat are in pretty good shape as you can see in this picture. This is actually part of the one I cut to send them to match and was what I measured.
Thanks,
Terry
Attachments:

• 16again
  • 16again's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
4 years 3 months ago #29284 by 16again
Replied by 16again on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
Terry if you still have the 40' of the 1116G let me know what you want for it. Not sure what I will do with 40' but maybe its time for it to have a new home. email me. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Thanks
Jack

More
4 years 3 months ago #29290 by Terrydi
Hey Jack,

I gotta dig it out and I will let you know. Are you making progress on making it fit. I thought about trying to modify the profile but could not figure how. You mentioned a planer. How did that work? And what does Wefco recommend you do?

Terry

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds