× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan

• 16again
  • 16again's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
4 years 4 months ago #29237 by 16again
Replied by 16again on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
Terry I have not taken the time to contact Wefco will try to get to it this week. If you look at the Wefco profile pic of the 1116G the left leg on mine is 7/32" center gap is 1/4" right leg is 1/4" bottom of gap is 1/8" over width of the cross section is 11/16".

Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #29238 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
Gents,

I've been thinking about this topic...and probably too much... :pinch: But I really would like to find a suitable supplier knowing this replacement (and other moldings) comes up fairly often.

My thoughts: How accurate do we believe our measurements are of the original rubber molding? What are the effects of aging 50+ years to this rubber? Shrinking? Brittleness? Compression? Deformation? I'm sure someone that is more scientific than me can think of other factors that come into play.

Not to add to the frustration, but I had always heard Wefco was the original supplier, and now an employee is saying they weren't? Makes me wonder if that employee is actually an authority on the company history?

I'm glad we have folks like Eddie around to keep us on course and offer some insight into the original manufacture! :)

George

• 16again
  • 16again's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
4 years 4 months ago #29243 by 16again
Replied by 16again on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
Well what's Eddie's thoughts on this issue?

• edwardgrijalva6020
  • Expert Boater
  • Expert Boater
More
4 years 4 months ago #29244 by edwardgrijalva6020
Replied by edwardgrijalva6020 on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
I might have some kind of answer on Monday, keep your eyes open for my answer, we shall see.

More
4 years 4 months ago #29246 by iamsam1956
Replied by iamsam1956 on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
Just bought a windshield off Ebay for my '57' Glasspar Sport Lido which was made by 'Taylor Made' in Texas, the new rubber was included and it matched my old rubber, they may be able to help you with your problem, probably worth a call, Sam

• edwardgrijalva6020
  • Expert Boater
  • Expert Boater
More
4 years 4 months ago #29252 by edwardgrijalva6020
Replied by edwardgrijalva6020 on topic Window rubber moldings for Seafair Sedan
I made contact with Wefco company and asked them if they supplied Glasspar Boat Company with any type of supplies for there boats and there answer was no. I don't remember the company that did supply Glasspar with gunnel, "gunwale" hardware, I do remember the long round containers that the metal gunnels, "gunwale" came in and the rolls of the rubber for the gunnels, "gunwale".

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds