× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Tri-Five Avalon

More
1 year 9 months ago #29590 by 16again
16again replied the topic: Tri-Five Avalon
Nice find, did you ask the GOA back when you started looking? Just wondering because I often overlook the obvious in a lot of areas. Looking forward to seeing it on the Delta.
Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jayarrgh
  • Jayarrgh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #29591 by Jayarrgh
Jayarrgh replied the topic: Tri-Five Avalon
Jack, I did post a request about the part I was looking for about four months ago. I thought it was worth trying to see if any GOA member had those parts. Now Ebay ,as a source for Glasspar parts, has been successful for me more than once. My Sunliner was missing the center windshield brace when I got it and I found that part on ebay too. I also have found other non-specific vintage boat parts there that I put to good use.

-JR (Jerry)

• Jayarrgh
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #29594 by Jayarrgh
When I removed the two heavy duty through-hull fittings, they left a couple of good size holes in the hull. Since one was near and one below the waterline, I wanted to be especially careful about filling them in.

Each hole was filled with a mix of 12 oz Biaxial FG cloth, silica powder and epoxy. Then, on top of each hole, I put four layers of 12 oz biax cloth, each layer slightly larger than the one under it. The last layer for each hole was done with 1708 FG cloth (17 oz cloth with 8 oz of mat).

The outside of the hole in the port hull was covered with a mix of wood flour and epoxy, sanded flush, coated with epoxy again to seal it and then painted with primer to prevent any UV deterioration until the final paint job. The outside of the hole in the bottom will be finished when I turn the hull over to paint it.

-JR (Jerry)

More
1 year 8 months ago #29595 by 16again
16again replied the topic: Tri-Five Avalon
Very nice JR but aren't you afraid it will list due to all the extra weight?

Jack

• Jayarrgh
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #29596 by Jayarrgh
Jack,
The main cause of any list on this boat will be my "extra weight". :laugh:

-JR (Jerry)

More
1 year 8 months ago #29638 by Terrydi
Terrydi replied the topic: Tri-Five Avalon
Hello Jerry,

Looks like you’re making good progress on the TFA. And I see your prior experience at filling holes is paying off. Nice work.

Bill is still working on putting up a building to house his boats so no progress this summer on his Avalons.

Thanks,
Terry

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds