× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon 1960 Seafair Sedan Repair

• Aggie
  • Aggie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boater
  • Fresh Boater
More
3 years 10 months ago #29176 by Aggie
Replied by Aggie on topic 1960 Seafair Sedan Repair
Anyone know how I can find out what the original stain and paint color was for my Seafair? I read John P post on his restoration but my color seems to be a bit more tan than grey? I can always get something close but if someone already knew it would be nice to duplicate what it was like from the factory.
Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #29177 by John_P
Replied by John_P on topic 1960 Seafair Sedan Repair
Aggie:

Are you referring to the floor paint (Zolatone) that Glasspar used on the floors (decks) of their boats?? if so, you are right, the color on our 1960 Sedan is MEDUSA GRAY. But Zolatone makes a floor color more "tan" than ours. Go to their website to see all of their colors.
As I recall it is www.zolatone.com . You can also Google a company in California by the name of "TCP Global." They stock all of the
Zolatone colors for our Glasspar Boats.

John_P

• Aggie
  • Aggie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boater
  • Fresh Boater
More
3 years 10 months ago #29187 by Aggie
Replied by Aggie on topic 1960 Seafair Sedan Repair
Thanks John,
I have tracked down some vendors who carry Zolatone and I was hoping to match the right factory floor color with the exterior color for my specific combination. I am not sure if they had multiple interior color options or just 1 based on the exterior. I have the blue/white exterior and tan would seem to be an odd interior to go with the blue. I am probably going to go with the grey at this point.
I got to thinking about your post on the varnish you used? Is the product you used a clear varnish or did it have a color or tint to it? I sanded down most of the wood and wanting to get it back to the original color?
Thanks!

More
3 years 10 months ago #29189 by John_P
Aggie:

Here is a link for you from "TCP Global" on some of the "Zolatone" Colors they have in stock. I have ordered from them on several occasions to do our two (2) Glasspar Boats and they are great to deal with! Aggie. Here is the link with the colors etc.:

www.tcpglobal.com/Automotive-Paint/Splat...paint&utm_creative=e

More
3 years 10 months ago #29191 by John_P
Aggie:

You also asked me about what varnish I used on our Seafair Sedan. We used "Interlux Schooner Gold" Brand with part #YVA500.
You can buy that varnish at most any boat accessory store such as "West Marine." I actually bought it at an "Ace Hardware" store here locally that stocks alot of boat accessories etc. Aggie, the color of this varnish is a golden tan. I had tried a couple other boat varnishes including one by "Valspar" but did not like the way they came out. I know boat varnish is kind of a "personal preference"
issue, so maybe some of the other members will give some tips and advice also.

On our Seafair Sedan, I sanded the mahogany bulkheads all the way down to the bare wood, then built up the varnish one coat at a time sanding between coats until I had about 7-8 coats on the bulkhead and door. I thought the wood came out real nice.

I hope that helps you some Sir! ;)

More
3 years 10 months ago #29193 by John_P
Aggie:

I went back to my old thread titled "REFURBISH OF OUR SEAFAIR SEDAN" and found that the varnish info and photos are pages #32, 36, and the final picture if the completed bulkhead and cabin door on page #38.

Aggie, I also took a photo in that thread of the actual can of "Interlux Schooner Gold Varnish" so you will know what it looks like. ;)
Here is a link to the page(s) for you Sir:

www.classicglasspars.com/index.php?optio...23612&limitstart=210

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds