× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon 59 seafair sedan questions

• ianmoore
  • ianmoore's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
3 years 4 months ago #29480 by ianmoore
Replied by ianmoore on topic 59 seafair sedan questions
Terry,
The safety chains onto the car held. The safety chain on the bow eye held to the bow eye, but the force of the collision pulled the bow eye out and the boat went on top of the car

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ianmoore
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
3 years 4 months ago #29481 by ianmoore
Jay,
We live in the puget sound, and when going across the bay with just a bit of chop it feels like the waves are quite a bit bigger. I guess this is porpoising. I have tried working the trim angle and it helps, but I'm also thinking this is weight related. It was at it's worst when i had 2 adults in captain's chairs, and 2 adults in the rear seats. It is a bit better when it's just 2 folks in the captain's chairs.
I do have a hydrofoil, but do not currently have trim tabs

• ianmoore
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
3 years 4 months ago #29486 by ianmoore
Hey guys,

Not sure if I should keep posting in this topic, or start new ones for specific questions?
For now, I'll post here.

I see the gallery is down. I am wanting to build a hatch for the boat. I'm about to pick up some mahogany and would love to see some pics of your hatch's, as well on any tips on things to think about when putting the ideas together.

I'm also about to get some of those Nautilex trim tabs. The boat guy on Vashon, Dan, says they work great on this design. The transom is a bit different then the ones i have seen for their installs. I assume they would still work as long as the transom changes are on the same plane. Just wanted to check if anyone had put them on a Seafair.

Best
Ian

• ianmoore
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
3 years 4 months ago #29487 by ianmoore
Also, does anyone have any leads on the map/side pockets for the later model Sedans?

More
3 years 4 months ago #29488 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic 59 seafair sedan questions

ianmoore wrote: Hey guys,

I'm also about to get some of those Nautilex trim tabs. The boat guy on Vashon, Dan, says they work great on this design. The transom is a bit different then the ones i have seen for their installs. I assume they would still work as long as the transom changes are on the same plane. Just wanted to check if anyone had put them on a Seafair.

Best
Ian

Ian, I do not know of a "Nautilex" trim tab. Are they hydraulic powered? I installed Bennet M80 tabs. classicglasspars.com/index.php?option=co...=26112&limitstart=60
Tabs are recommended to be installed several inches inboard of the chine but the "stepped" center section makes that difficult. I have seen a Seafair with block spacers which moved the tabs out level with the center section and one that was mounted under the step without a spacer. I chose to mount them out at the chine which conforms to the standard mounting arrangement.

-JR (Jerry)

• ianmoore
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
3 years 4 months ago #29489 by ianmoore
Jerry,
The tabs are Nauticus: nauticusinc.com/smart_tabs.htm
I did some research, and then called the company. I told them that the transom was in two pieces, but on the same plane. They said it was fine for the boat. They recommend putting the outside edge about 4" from the chine. I'm trying to find the dimensions to see if i can fit the plates on my transom.
I will see in a couple of days whether these will work or not.

In the meantime I have completely dissasembled, ground, and repainted my trailer. I'm on the lookout for a more salt friendly aluminum, but for now this trailer will have to do!

Best
Ian

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds