× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon 59 seafair sedan questions

• ianmoore
  • ianmoore's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
3 years 8 months ago #28023 by ianmoore
Replied by ianmoore on topic 59 seafair sedan questions
Finished the stringers, made a sump area, installed the deck, and am sanding and prepping my "new" splashwell. I also found some old Sedan seats, which will be restored as i am able, and a couple of really nice aluminum tanks. I will PB the deck tomorrow and start tabbing in the glass.

I am looking at different deck paint ideas. I think i am going to skip on the Zolatone. It is really expensive and hard to apply. Our local boat guy is recommending basic porch paint with a bit of sand in it for non stick.
Any other ideas?

I also found some really cool paint for the topside. Marshalls Cove makes a paint that i can get in a satin finish that is pretty cool to my original Glasspar light blue color!!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ianmoore
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
3 years 8 months ago #28030 by ianmoore
And here is the almost finished floor. I still have to do some grinding, and then a final layer of 6oz cloth.
I am going to paint the floor with the 'kingston grey' Interlux brightside with some silica sand for added traction. I'm trying to figure out where my floor color should stop. When i got it, the sides of the hull had this blue color that is similar to the top. Its flaking off and seems to have been poorly applied. I could extend the grey up the sides. thoughts?

I'm also curious if anyone knows where to get those map pockets, or something similar that i could fit along the sides.

Making progress!

Attachments:

• ianmoore
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
3 years 6 months ago #28197 by ianmoore
Getting close on my refurb.
I had to cut down the transom about 1/2" to get the splashwell from the 1960 and end aluminum trim pieces to work. I'm still going to have to do a bit of grinding to get them to fit. Even with that, it won't be as tight as i would like.
I regelcoated myself, did some touchup painting on the outide of the cabin..I'm gonna redo the running stripe along the side, but really honing in on the finish line here!
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago #28208 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic 59 seafair sedan questions
Ian,

Really looks like your Sedan is coming back together nicely!! :woohoo:

The replacement map pockets may be difficult to find, unless you can run across a donor boat. If you do find them, they may need to be modified to fit in your saddle tanks.

George

• edwardgrijalva6020
  • Expert Boater
  • Expert Boater
More
3 years 6 months ago #28210 by edwardgrijalva6020
Replied by edwardgrijalva6020 on topic 59 seafair sedan questions
Is that foam between the floor and the hull ?

• ianmoore
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
3 years 6 months ago #28215 by ianmoore
thanks George. It's been a learning experience for sure. Lots of partially mitigated problems. We replaced the gunnel board, and increased the width to 3/4". That alone has created all kinds of headaches. New aluminum trim over that, and grinding to get the original trim to fit. The "new" splashwell isn't a drop in for the old one, as i thought it would be initially, but it is coming together
Edward. That is foam. This boat lives on the Puget Sound, and all of my experienced boat building friends have sternly recommended that I use foam in the rebuild. I wasn't able to get much under the deck, but will be putting more under the gunnels and wherever else i can sneak some in
Ian

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds