× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Missing Tabs

• Jayarrgh
  • Jayarrgh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
3 years 11 months ago #27764 by Jayarrgh
Missing Tabs was created by Jayarrgh
Over time I have noticed some functions on this website that seem to come and go. The first thing I missed was a Search function. Ok, you didn't have one, I thought, but that's not a big problem. Then, one day when I logged in, there was a search tab and a bunch more useful tabs too. But the next time I logged in, it was gone. :huh: The ratio of seeing these tabs to not seeing them has been about 1 in 100 log-ins. Today I saw them again and this time took a picture. :whistle:

Does everybody but me get these tabs? :unsure: I am running windows 7 with either firefox or IE browsers (same result with either). Any ideas why I don't get these every time I log-in?

-JR
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #27765 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic Missing Tabs
JR,

I am definitely not a computer guy, so I can't explain any of this, but I have found if you initially log on from the homepage, and then enter the forums from the link under the Main Menu, you'll be able to see the tabs you're describing. But, if you enter the forums from the Glasspar Forums tab at the top of the main page, you do not see the tabs. Again don't know why.

Try it and see if that's how it works for you. You do not have to log out and back in again, but you do need to start from the home page.

George

• Jayarrgh
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
3 years 11 months ago #27770 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic Missing Tabs
George, thanks for the reply.

I tried the different log-in and start places as you suggested and a couple of other variations besides. Unfortunately, I still do not see the tabs. :( Oh well, it is not a game changer, I just felt it would be nice if those functions were available.

-JR

More
3 years 11 months ago #27772 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic Missing Tabs
JR,

Since that didn't work, I'd try logging out, deleting your bookmark, and clearing your computer's cache. Then bookmark the site again and log in.

Try giving that a shot. Beyond this, we'll need to get a hold of Michael directly.

George

• Jayarrgh
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
3 years 11 months ago #27776 by Jayarrgh

gwbell wrote: I'd try logging out, deleting your bookmark, and clearing your computer's cache. Then bookmark the site again and log in.

George

Sorry, no joy that way either.

-JR

• Jayarrgh
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #28498 by Jayarrgh
George, I discovered two ways to get the tabs back. From the home page, click on Glasspar Forums, then General Forums. When I get to the page with a long location display (see pic below), I click on the forum link on the extreme left. The tabs then magically reappear for me.

Is this the entry point under the Main Menu you were talking about? If so, I was clicking on the wrong link before. Only the one on the extreme left will get me the tabs back, the others have no effect.

Alternately, I found that using the link to an old webpage shown in a recent thread will cause the tabs to reappear as well. classicglasspars.com/index.php?option=co...102&Itemid=545#26312

Either enter there or enter through the home page and then jump to the old page to get the tabs back. Once they are "up", they seem to stay there as long as I am logged on.

-JR (Jerry) :huh:
Attachments:

Moderators: gwbellRobert
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds