× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Any good ideas about trailering from KY to RI !

• GlassparSeafairfan
  • GlassparSeafairfan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 7 months ago #1589 by GlassparSeafairfan
GlassparSeafairfan created the topic: Any good ideas about trailering from KY to RI !
Hello, again

I just found out from my mechanic that my Dodge Caravan cannot safely tow the Seafair Sedan, motor, and trailer which I am in the midst of buying, without great risk of burning out my transmission. Car is rated at 1200# max, and the boat, motor, and trailer are about 2000#, roughly. . I can't wait to get this boat home and get it ready for fishing ! The problem is that the boat is in KY and I'm in RI !

I need to find an inexpensive way to get a vehicle to get it home with ! As far as I can tell, there are several options. 1) rent a vehicle in RI that allows towing, and drive it down and back. 2) fly down to Nashville, rent a vehicle down there, and drive back. 3) Have a transporter drive it back for me; but that means buying the boat sight unseen, never mind the issues around affixing a transporter plate, checking out the trailer, bearings, and light harness, getting any questions answered down there myself, etc.

I hope that any of you out there would be able to offer suggestions about how I might best get down, pick up a vehicle with a tow hitch, and get back safely. . Many thanks in advance for all of your help !

Sincerely,

Michael S.
GlassparSefairfan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: gwbellRobert
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds
JSN Metro template designed by JoomlaShine.com