× List the Glasspar boats you have found around your town, state, classifieds or other resource. Or list your own boat for sale here!

Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Seafair Conversion

• Jayarrgh
  • Jayarrgh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
1 year 3 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #29619 by Jayarrgh
Jayarrgh created the topic: Seafair Conversion
Whether you agree with the modifications or not, this converted Seafair looks pretty "salty" to me. The important thing though, is that this example is a testament to the viability and adaptability of a truly great hull design. How many small FG boats from this period get turned into successful commercial fishing boats? Not many IMHO, yet this is just one of several Seafair conversions I have seen.
slo.craigslist.org/boa/5754571682.html
-JR (Jerry)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #29623 by gwbell
gwbell replied the topic: Seafair Conversion
Jerry,

Not really my cup of tea, but do have to admit this gentleman did a very professional looking conversion. Much better than some of the hack jobs we have seen here. It's obvious this gentleman knew what he was doing. Curious of all the systems he's installed and how he figured out how to make them work. That's a lot of electrical power he's come up with.

Knowing the Seafair hull handles chop well, I'm sure this is a pretty nice little fishing boat!

George

Side note: Lopez Lake recently announced they have shut down the public launch ramp due to low water levels. Not sure what's happening with Margarita, but it's a very small lake to begin with, and I can't imagine it's not that much smaller due to our drought conditions.

• Jayarrgh
  • Jayarrgh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
1 year 2 weeks ago - 1 year 2 weeks ago #29624 by Jayarrgh
Jayarrgh replied the topic: Seafair Conversion
FYI: Anderson Reservoir (here in the SF bay area) will close next Tuesday. They are keeping it open through the Labor Day weekend. I was there last week and it still had what looked like plenty of water but what they are saying is that the ramp will be exposed soon. As to why the level is dropping so rapidly, here is the official statement:

"Low water levels and warm temperatures caused an algae bloom in San Luis Reservoir that produces an earthy, musty taste and odor, forcing the Santa Clara Valley Water District to pull more water out of Anderson Reservoir, which (will) end the boating season early "

So we are drinking up one of our better local boating venues. :dry: Note: San Luis Res is part of the All American Canal system and is located on hwy 152 near I-5. Went by it recently too, and yeah, it looks ugly and very low.

-JR (Jerry)

More
1 year 2 weeks ago #29628 by 16again
16again replied the topic: Seafair Conversion
Not being a fisherman I have a hard time identifying with all of the changes from a utility standpoint but esthetically I think this guy did a great job. IMHO his proportions are spot on and from what I can see his finishes are pretty nice as well. The use of flat glass windows was a good decision and appear to be rubber gusseted. I'll bet this is a really water tight configuration.
Jack

Moderators: gwbell
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds
JSN Metro template designed by JoomlaShine.com