× List the Glasspar boats you have found around your town, state, classifieds or other resource. Or list your own boat for sale here!

Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Really Nice Trident in Stockton

• Jayarrgh
  • Jayarrgh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
1 year 3 weeks ago #29606 by Jayarrgh
Jayarrgh created the topic: Really Nice Trident in Stockton
I think the Trident was a great looking design for 1958/59. Here is an especially nice one for sale. stockton.craigslist.org/boa/5753220302.html .

-JR (Jerry)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #29608 by gwbell
gwbell replied the topic: Really Nice Trident in Stockton
Jerry,

I agree! I've always liked the "swoopy zoom" look of the Trident model. Closest thing to a finned boat produced by Glasspar. That is a very nice example of a well cared for boat!

George

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #29611 by 16again
16again replied the topic: Really Nice Trident in Stockton
Really is a great looking boat, love yellow and white, not priced out of the reach of most young families wanting to go boating which is one of the best parts of our love of old boats.

Maybe I should have given some additional thought to the blue and white Trident I scrapped last spring. :unsure: Hey George what else has that "swoopy zoom" look, just curious for future reference.

Jack

More
1 year 3 weeks ago - 1 year 3 weeks ago #29615 by gwbell
gwbell replied the topic: Really Nice Trident in Stockton
Jack,

I think it's the swept back windshield that gives the Trident that look. In my opinion, nothing else comes close except maybe a G-3. On this advertised boat, the bimini actually takes away from that look, but I understand the functionality.

George

More
1 year 3 weeks ago #29618 by 16again
16again replied the topic: Really Nice Trident in Stockton
I'm with you George the top definitely detracts but if I had had a boat with a top as a kid I probably wouldn't have the screwed up skin that I have today. California sun is nice but skin cancer can kill. By the way I kept the windshield off the Trident I scraped just incase it might fit something else I acquire. Would definitely look better than the originals on the either the Red Fish or the Glass Craft.

Moderators: gwbell
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds
JSN Metro template designed by JoomlaShine.com