× List the Glasspar boats you have found around your town, state, classifieds or other resource. Or list your own boat for sale here!

Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Pretty cheap Seafarer

• 16again
  • 16again's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
1 year 2 months ago #29505 by 16again
16again created the topic: Pretty cheap Seafarer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #29508 by Jayarrgh
Jayarrgh replied the topic: Pretty cheap Seafarer
That Sunliner is not in too bad condition either. I would like to see somebody local get another Sunliner up and running. It is not a '72 (for sure), probably closer to the age of my Sunliner ('60). That American Trailer would be about the right age too.
-JR (Jerry)

Attachments:

• 16again
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
1 year 2 months ago #29509 by 16again
16again replied the topic: Pretty cheap Seafarer
I'm with you JR it would make a great project for either restoration or modification like yours. If I was short on projects I might consider it but not sure I can live long enough to finish all of mine. By the way I found out today my Red Fish is a 1960 Shark not a 57. No big deal to me one-way or the other I just wanted fins. Have you given any thought to making the Long Beach bay cruise in August? I think its going to be fun and we will get a great tour with T&B being the docents.
Jack

More
1 year 2 months ago #29512 by Jayarrgh
Jack, you certainly have a lot of project material. Enough to keep a full time boat hobbyist busy for quite awhile. I envy your shop and space for storing all those boats! I have to admit when I heard about the Red Fish I was wondering what you were thinking. I can understand wanting a boat with big fins but rebuilding a balsa cored hull is a job that would make me think twice. Glasspar never adopted the big fin styling trend of the late '50s. The Trident is about the closest design of that time that I can think of with something like fins.

The GSG Long Beach harbor cruise is on my mind. The whole LB/San Pedro harbor complex was one of my favorite places to be on the water when I lived in the area. However, right now it does not look like we can make it though I am hopeful that will change.

-JR (Jerry)

More
1 year 2 months ago #29519 by Jayarrgh
Jack, I saw this acronym over on the Fiberglassics website. I think it describes your situation (and mine) very well.

STABLE = STash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy :laugh:

-JR (Jerry)

• 16again
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
1 year 2 months ago #29520 by 16again
16again replied the topic: Pretty cheap Seafarer
I've got just enough to keep me busy until I'm 90 and with any luck the wife won''t have me committed before then.
Jack

Moderators: gwbell
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds
JSN Metro template designed by JoomlaShine.com