× List the Glasspar boats you have found around your town, state, classifieds or other resource. Or list your own boat for sale here!

Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Old Glasspar

• 16again
  • 16again's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
1 year 11 months ago #29424 by 16again
16again created the topic: Old Glasspar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #29426 by Jayarrgh
Jayarrgh replied the topic: Old Glasspar
Well now, that is an interesting find. Very unusual bow fitting. What model Glasspar is it? My take on it.... First, the year would be 1955 or early '56 because that bow fitting lists two plants, Santa Ana and Nashville. Second, if the length in the ad is correct at 14', then it would have to be a Lido, but I don't think any Lido had that rounded a bow. :unsure: So my SWAG is that it is a Balboa (12' 6" LOA). :whistle:

-JR (Jerry)

Old Glasspar on CL

1955 Balboa
Attachments:

• 16again
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
1 year 11 months ago #29427 by 16again
16again replied the topic: Old Glasspar
Possibly measured centerline rather than around the gunnels. I can remember growing up the different opinions of how a boat should be measured for registration purposes vs sales purposes.

More
1 year 11 months ago #29433 by gwbell
gwbell replied the topic: Old Glasspar

Jayarrgh wrote: Well now, that is an interesting find. Very unusual bow fitting. What model Glasspar is it? My take on it.... First, the year would be 1955 or early '56 because that bow fitting lists two plants, Santa Ana and Nashville. Second, if the length in the ad is correct at 14', then it would have to be a Lido, but I don't think any Lido had that rounded a bow. :unsure: So my SWAG is that it is a Balboa (12' 6" LOA). :whistle:

-JR (Jerry)

I'm thinking that's a pretty good guess, Jerry. Don't run across very many Balboa's very often, and would be great if one our members picked it up.

Funny how the owner wants to keep the bow light. I'm always surprised at what people collect.

Thanks for posting, Jack!

George

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #29435 by Jayarrgh
Jayarrgh replied the topic: Old Glasspar
George,

I think Jack should pick it up. A small runabout like the Balboa would nicely round out his fleet. :lol:

-JR (jerry)

• 16again
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
1 year 11 months ago #29436 by 16again
16again replied the topic: Old Glasspar
Gentleman I agree with you that it is most likely a Balboa however I disagree with who should own it, I have more than I can do not and I believe that since George B has no apparent projects it would most easily be accommodated by him. Jerry had his, and I have both of mine so its only right that George step up.

Moderators: gwbell
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds