× List the Glasspar boats you have found around your town, state, classifieds or other resource. Or list your own boat for sale here!

Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Seafair Rear Seat Brackets on eBay

• glassparman.admin
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
More
2 years 5 days ago #29018 by glassparman.admin
glassparman.admin replied the topic: Seafair Rear Seat Brackets on eBay
As for reproducing parts, "We", as in the Association, have one of those cowboy casting furnaces with a 5 gallon bucket of oil based green casting sand.

It was purchased many years ago with Association dues so it is available for all to use.

We also have a Caswell triple chrome plating setup.

None of this stuff has ever been used because I'm working so many hours. Good intentions are only good if you get busy!

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 days ago #29019 by 16again
16again replied the topic: Seafair Rear Seat Brackets on eBay
Speaking of dues how much and where do I send them?
Thanks
Jack

• glassparman.admin
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
More
2 years 5 days ago #29020 by glassparman.admin
Sorry, I still have not got the new membership program up and running.

Dues for current members is $11. It will go up to $15 for new members because of hosting fees going up and such.

Until I get the new membership thingy going, you can just send your dues to webmaster at classicglasspars.com and put your username in the notes.

Michael

More
2 years 5 days ago #29022 by Jayarrgh
Jayarrgh replied the topic: Seafair Rear Seat Brackets on eBay

glassparman.admin wrote: As for reproducing parts, "We", as in the Association, have one of those cowboy casting furnaces with a 5 gallon bucket of oil based green casting sand.

It was purchased many years ago with Association dues so it is available for all to use.

We also have a Caswell triple chrome plating setup.

None of this stuff has ever been used because I'm working so many hours. Good intentions are only good if you get busy!

Michael

Michael,
I well understand your lack of time issues, been there, done that. About that equipment though, what comes to my mind would be to make some copies of a "Glasspar" emblem. I don't know if what you have could do that, but it might be worth kicking the idea around a bit. :whistle:

-JR (Jerry)

• glassparman.admin
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
More
2 years 5 days ago - 2 years 5 days ago #29023 by glassparman.admin
JR, that is exactly why I originally bought the equipment. I was going to cast them out of brass rather than the original pot metal emblems. Those were injection molded but if a guy learns the sand casting, it can come out just as good because it is super fine sand to reproduce detail.

I would love to get started this year but I think I'll be heading back overseas again for 90 days . . . Just not sure when, maybe in May.

Michael

More
2 years 5 days ago #29024 by 16again
16again replied the topic: Seafair Rear Seat Brackets on eBay
Don't know anything about sand casting but might be willing to learn. How about posting some pictures of the equipment.
Thanks
Jack

Moderators: gwbell
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds