× List the Glasspar boats you have found around your town, state, classifieds or other resource. Or list your own boat for sale here!

Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon It Came From 1956

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #29000 by Terrydi
Replied by Terrydi on topic It Came From 1956
-JR,

Oh man that is too cool. I never saw that before and answers the question; “ Who is that Googly eyed boat?”

That picture I posted previously came from an eBay sale of a collection of b&w photos sometime back that I copied and saved. There was another shot of the Sport-Fisher and coincidently it is the same image on the brochure you shared.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #29001 by Terrydi
Now this gets real interesting. In that same collection was a photo of a Cruiser that appears to have the same hull as the Sport-Fisher.

Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago #29002 by Terrydi
1955 is shown to be the earliest Glasspar brochure archived at the FG’s library and it shows Glasspars 21.5’ Flying Bridge OB Cabin Cruiser and it is identical.

Attachments:

More
3 years 6 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #29003 by Terrydi
I saw that 55 brochure before and just never made the connection. I also noticed in the 1960 Glasspar - Success Story article this photo of Glasspars first 21 ft outboard cruiser and the similarities of the windscreen to the boat in question.

Now I cant post pics., Well anyway, Mystery solved? This seems to raise more questions.

Thanks much for your help.
Terry

P.S. What’s the chance of getting an uncrunched file of that brochure?

• Jayarrgh
  • Jayarrgh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
3 years 6 months ago #29004 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic It Came From 1956
Terry,

I will gladly send you a copy of the 1953 Glasspar brochure with the Sport-Fisher if you give me your email address.
Private messages aren't working yet so it will have to be public or wait until the site is fully functional. :unsure:

-JR (Jerry)

More
3 years 6 months ago #29005 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic It Came From 1956
Very cool information here, guys! Again...I learn something every day... :)

Jerry - Congrats on the "new" boat! Can't wait to see pics, and knowing the work you do, can't wait to see the finished project!

George

Moderators: gwbell
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds