× List the Glasspar boats you have found around your town, state, classifieds or other resource. Or list your own boat for sale here!

Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon FS: 1957 Del Mar $500

• skyline223
  • skyline223's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boater
  • Fresh Boater
More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #28868 by skyline223
skyline223 created the topic: FS: 1957 Del Mar $500
Hey guys,

Never thought I'd be doing this - but I have decided to sell my del Mar. I recently got married and took on a new job - so I unfortunately don't see this boat getting the attention she needs to get finished anytime soon. So I'm going to basically give her away at $500 and It'd be great to see her go to someone on the Glasspar forum.

Some history - I was told that the boat was originally purchased and owned by late country star Hawkshaw Hawkins. I have no true proof of this other than word of mouth, and that the boat had the name "The Hawk" painted on the transom when I got it. I have had the boat on the water before, it did not notice any leaks of any sort. The boat handled really well and was a joy to drive.

I really fell in love with the boat originally and paid a hefty $2000 for it as-is a few years ago. While I have quite a bit invested in it, I'm ready to let it go as a loss because I want someone to get it for a good deal so they will have a chance at finishing it off with a low initial investment.

About two years ago I sanded down the entire hull and put a urethane epoxy on it. It is ready for a great topcoat now. The top of the boat is currently in a high build primer that is ready to sand and finish.

While not pictured, I do have many original parts for the boat including the original wood trim for the cabin partition and most of the metal trim for the outside, along with some goodies I have bought for the boat through the years. The trailer has all new wheels and tires, bearings, LED trailer lights, winch, jack, and bunks. The trailer is a newer (much better than original) trailer made by Tennessee Trailers. I think the asking price is worth the trailer alone.

The boat has current Tennessee registration. For my $500 asking price I will also include a low-time (needs a carb rebuild) 2000's era Mercury Force 50 outboard.

You can find my original build thread here:
www.classicglasspars.com/index.php?optio...mid=535&limitstart=0

Granted she has sat outside for two years now so has weathered a bit. Nothing that can't be fixed. but feel free to give me a call if you are interested. 901-336-7652

Once again, I am asking $500 and the boat is located in Germantown, TN just outside Memphis.

Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #28869 by gwbell
gwbell replied the topic: FS: 1957 Del Mar $500
Will,

It's too bad you won't be able to complete this restoration, but understand how life gets in the way sometimes... :S

I think it is very generous of you to offer her up at such a reasonable price after you have done so much work to her! Hopefully, one of our members will take advantage of such a great offer!

George

More
1 year 9 months ago #28873 by 16again
16again replied the topic: FS: 1957 Del Mar $500
Too bad its so far away I could always use another project, right George :whistle:

More
1 year 9 months ago #28874 by gwbell
gwbell replied the topic: FS: 1957 Del Mar $500
That's an affirmative, Admiral Jack! :laugh:

George

• skyline223
  • skyline223's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boater
  • Fresh Boater
More
1 year 9 months ago #28877 by skyline223
skyline223 replied the topic: FS: 1957 Del Mar $500
The boat is sold. Had tons of local interest in it and I think it went to a great new owner who is going to finisher her.

Maybe I'll get to be a Glasspar owner again someday down the road!

More
1 year 9 months ago #28878 by 16again
16again replied the topic: FS: 1957 Del Mar $500
Congratulations, its always nice to sell something to someone who is willing to invest the time and dollars into a special project. Happy it worked out for you.
Jack

Moderators: gwbell
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
JSN Metro template designed by JoomlaShine.com