× List the Glasspar boats you have found around your town, state, classifieds or other resource. Or list your own boat for sale here!

Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon 67' Seafair Sedan for sale

• Sdg0203
  • Sdg0203's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boater
  • Fresh Boater
More
3 years 23 hours ago #28328 by Sdg0203
67' Seafair Sedan for sale was created by Sdg0203
I am new to this site and joined for the sole purpose of finding a good home for my 67' Seafair Sedan. I would prefer to sell it to someone on here than post it on Craigslist and get lowballed from someone who knows nothing about these great boats. I bought 18' Seafair Sedan two years ago from an older lady that just had bought it for her husband before he passed. While owning it, she had the custom cover made, new cushions and had the fastload trailer worked on. I resored a few smaller boats in college when I had much more time to dedicate to it and a better place to work on them. Lately I've just wanted to enjoy my toys rather than have to work on them so the boat is for sale. The boat is located in Columbia, SC

The good
Trailer is in excellent shape. May need tires at some point
The engine; 94 johnson 60HP two stroke. Starts and runs good. Electronic tilt and trim. Pushes the boat 30MPH in calm water. Spent $1200 getting new wiring harness, power pack, stator and rectifier replaced and kept the receipts.
Boat hull is in good structural shape. Still tackles white caps like a champ
Good battery
Two 6 gallon tanks
Automatic bilge
NAV lights work
Depth finder works
New cushions

The bad
Wood on the top of the gunnels and captains chair needs to be replaced and the windshield needs to be mounted back on more securely. Apparently whoever added the wood trim didn't use the right kind so when she left it uncovered one winter it started to rot.

I bought the boat for $2600, put another $1200 in the motor, and $2-300 miscellaneous. Even though it still runs great I haven't been using it much and want to pass the torch to someone else. Honestly I think $2200 for the boat, motor, trailer and everything you need to go boating is a fair offer.
Please let me know if there are any questions. I can be reached by phone easier than on the forum
Thank you
Scott
(803)606-1792

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #28342 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic 67' Seafair Sedan for sale
Scott,

Some really nice work has gone into that Sedan! Too bad wrong wood choices were made and might have to be redone.

Recognize, although your price appears very reasonable, getting our money back on these old boats may be difficult. Hopefully you'll find the right buyer for what appears to be a pretty special boat/trailer set-up.

George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: gwbell
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds