× List the Glasspar boats you have found around your town, state, classifieds or other resource. Or list your own boat for sale here!

Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon 1958 Avalon project For Sale near Redding CA

• Bspyres
  • Bspyres's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #27588 by Bspyres
When the Glasspar bug hit me i found this 1958 avalon Model 16DA9 S/N 0274 i picked it up for 300.00 and put another 200.00 in dmv fees making sure i could get a good title on it. It is registered till 2015. it is on a nice galvanized trailer i dont know the make. the engine is an evinrude Starflite III i think its 75HP. i cleaned the carb and points the engine fires up but has some damage to the lower end. It has the rear portion of the fin broke off on both sides of the exhaust port like maybe there was a whale fin but it dissappeared. forward also seems to have worn clutch tangs as it does not go into forward or it is out of adjustment. the floor is a bit warped and spongy. i had hoped to fix this boat up but later found a sport lido that is much more my style. i dont know exactly what to ask for this boat so i thought i would just offer it up for best offer as it sits. i could do a little work and get it in the water but if someone is interested in it for a fixer then me not putting time in it means cheaper is better right. i am very interested in stealing the horn, mirror, speedo, and front seat brackets, but i havent yet. i would consider taking it as far as sacramento or so.
I can add more details and pics but just wanted to get it listed.

Thanks for looking
Barry

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: gwbell
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds