× List the Glasspar boats you have found around your town, state, classifieds or other resource. Or list your own boat for sale here!

Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon WANTED: Seat Brackets For 1960 Seafair Sedan

• John_P
  • John_P's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
6 years 7 months ago #24033 by John_P
George:

Nice set-up on your Sedan Sir! ;) I like the way you did that.

Man, that big "Tower of Power" Mercury looks great on the back of that boat! :)

John_P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• John_P
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
6 years 7 months ago #24034 by John_P

Seanfromseattle wrote: Where exactly did those brackets get used?

Sean:

On our 1960 Seafair Sedan, those brackets I posted the picture of were under two (2)
individual seats at each side of the splashwell. Originally, there were two under each of those seats. I only have two now but need two more to get the boat back to original condition.

I will try to post a picture here so you can see about how we have the seats set-up now without the brackets.

John_P

• John_P
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #24036 by John_P
Sean:

This is the only photo I can find right now of our two (2) individual seats in front of the splashwell. Sorry there is not more detail. :( I will get some photos for you of the seats by themselves.

Because I don't have the brackets, we made some "wood base" mounts for them out of salt treated plywood and I just painted them white. For now, that will work until I get my buddy to CNC two more of the brackets.

Attachments:

• John_P
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #24044 by John_P
Sean:

I finally have a picture for you of how we have the seats set up right now. This is a photo of one the "West Marine" Seats we installed until I can get two more brackets CNC'ed to put the seats back like they were from the factory. As you can see we just built a simple salt treated "pedestal" for them and we bolted them to the "lip" on the splashwell where the wood "base" was for the original Glasspar Seats. On the original set-up there is another "wood base" for the seat back that also bolts against the splaswell. With the "West Marine" Seats, they already have that seatback incorporated into seat so there was no need to use those holes.

I wanted to take a photo of the splashwell but Cecil is working on that right now with our refurbish of the Seafair.

Attachments:

More
6 years 7 months ago #24056 by AlandSandy
Replied by AlandSandy on topic WANTED: Seat Brackets For 1960 Seafair Sedan
Sean, Those brackets were used in the Sunliner's, Sportsman's, Phaetons, and I even found one in an Avalon. Like John I have my two rear seats on boxes which double for tow line and fender storage.

Al and Sandy Wilson
Marque Club Representative ACBS
Glasspar g3 Owners Club
www.g3owners.com

More
6 years 7 months ago #24057 by mindco
Al, why on earth would you need a tow line? :lol:
I think that space would be better to hold the Bud Light Lime :P

Moderators: gwbell
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds