× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Another G-3 coming on-line

• KingOscar
  • KingOscar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #6030 by KingOscar
KingOscar created the topic: Another G-3 coming on-line
Well here I go again. I found another "diamond in the rough" that's ready for some attention. Thanks to Brian's tip of a G-3 being sold in my area, (Chicago), I had to take a look. Of course I needed my wife Georgette's approval. When I told her about all the great things about the G-3 and this boat would be much faster than our 80 HP Seafair or 65HP Citation, she said "Go for it". I didn't need that answer repeated.
It really turned out to be a winner and had to bring it home. So here she is.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• boatsnmotors
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #6031 by boatsnmotors
boatsnmotors replied the topic: Re:Another G-3 coming on-line
Glen; You did even better than you thought. The trailer underneath it is a Tee Nee. It is the most desirable of all the vintage trailers for vintage boats. The only thing that keeps it from being a valuable collectable are the Tee Nee teardrop fenders that make it special. They can be found from time to time and are for sale as reproductions. Joe Pierce has a set on an old trailer in his posession however he said that they were in need of quite a bit or work and were going to be difficult to remove from the trailer. I also own one Tee Nee trailer and have had a few in my time. The picture below shows what the Tee Nee trailer teardrop fenders look like. The picture shows a custom restoration of a Tee Nee trailer. The original paint scheme on Tee Nees was yellow and not blue and white. Great buy all the way around and it is rare to find such a nice original survivor. Congratulations on joining the clubs G3 fleet. BrianB)
P.S. Forgot to mention that decals and some other items are available for restoring Tee Nee trailers See ebay under Tee Nee.
Attachments:

• KingOscar
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
9 years 1 month ago #6032 by KingOscar
KingOscar replied the topic: Re:Another G-3 coming on-line
The young man I bought it from recently acquired it this summer from elderly lady he knew. He bought a garage full of stuff including some motorcycles, that was his interest. The lady's husband, now in a retirement home, bought it new and always had it garage kept. It was made in 1965 and I believe later put on a 1968 Merc 100 HP.
Note the extra bracing for raising the motor up.
Attachments:

• KingOscar
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
9 years 1 month ago #6033 by KingOscar
Everything is in good shape including the floor, transom, and original hardware.
Attachments:

• KingOscar
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
9 years 1 month ago #6034 by KingOscar
The windshield has a couple cracks by the mounting screws, maybe 1.5" long. Chrome is very good everywhere.
Attachments:

• KingOscar
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
9 years 1 month ago #6035 by KingOscar
A few more photos. Since these were taken I did wash her down a bit-looking better and better.
Attachments:

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds