× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Is anybody home?

• Charlie Tuna
  • Charlie Tuna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #29808 by Charlie Tuna
Is anybody home? was created by Charlie Tuna
I've been away .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Charlie Tuna
  • Charlie Tuna's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
5 months 3 weeks ago #29809 by Charlie Tuna
Replied by Charlie Tuna on topic Is anybody home?
OK I see there are five looks out there, hope they are not just me checking in.

I have been rebuilding the transom on my 64 sedan. It appears that the splash well must have been installed during construction prior to the upper section of the boat. There seems to be no other way to fasten it to the boards that run along the gunnel. I have a plan but am just looking for advice.

• glassparman.admin
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
More
5 months 1 week ago #29814 by glassparman.admin
Replied by glassparman.admin on topic Is anybody home?
It seems most people don't have much time anymore or no money . . . . or maybe it is because I was working overseas for a couple years and did not have time to dedicate to the site.

The splash well was installed last to the best of my knowledge . . . I think most of them had two screws on either side near the top. I'll see if I can find some pictures. I think it also attached to the transom and then the aluminum molding went over the top of that joint.

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #29815 by 55Lido
Replied by 55Lido on topic Is anybody home?
Some of us are still here lurking Michael. Glad to see a post from you. Had the Lido ready to go late last season but weather shut me down before I was able to get to the lake. But I like how it looks behind my new truck :)
Attachments:

• glassparman.admin
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
More
5 months 6 days ago #29816 by glassparman.admin
Replied by glassparman.admin on topic Is anybody home?
Now that I won't be working overseas anymore, I think I need to give this site some much needed love and try to promote it and get it back to what it once was.

More
5 months 6 days ago #29817 by Fitzy
Replied by Fitzy on topic Is anybody home?
Chuck
As I recall, on my 64 SF Sean there is a lengthwise trim at the top of the transom that bolts through transom and splash well....in addition, 4 bolts secure it on each side through the gunnel wood and, various trim pieces secure it on the corners. not sure why you would not have seen all this when you were taking it apart but perhaps I do not understand your question. I could send you photos if you need them but I would need your email address because I have trouble posting photos to the site.
Regards
Fitz

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds