× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Seafair Phaeton needs freshing

• Charlie_N
  • Charlie_N's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boater
  • Junior Boater
More
7 months 1 week ago #29811 by Charlie_N
Replied by Charlie_N on topic Seafair Phaeton needs freshing
To Charlie Tuna:
I did not remove the splash well this time. I did 30 years ago when I redid the inside but not this time. I did do a hammer tap test looking for odd sounds but found none. I think it is still in good shape so did not remove it.
Charlie N

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #29812 by Charlie Tuna
Replied by Charlie Tuna on topic Seafair Phaeton needs freshing
Nice to see there is still life on the site. My issue concerns the 4 bolts along the top of the splash well. those are carriage bolts which pass through the side boards. The boards at the bolt locations had deteriorated to the point that I could forcefully pull the well out. There never was a way to get to the nuts on those four carriage bolts, so I assume that they were done during construction before dropping the top half of the boat in place.. Anyway, transom rebuilt and nearing reinstalling the well. Looks like I will be replacing rear sections of the sideboards and fastening well with screws as opposed to bolts.

Love my little boat and fish the Hell out her in the Strait of Juan de Fuca

• Charlie_N
  • Junior Boater
  • Junior Boater
More
7 months 1 week ago #29813 by Charlie_N
My splash well must be a little different than yours. Mine has slotted 1/4 machine screws which have washers and nuts on the back side They are pretty hard to access but a pair of Vice Grips work well. I will have to go look at those. The other ones that go through the transom are 1/4 and the eyelet which is 5/16
Attachments:

• Charlie_N
  • Junior Boater
  • Junior Boater
More
4 months 2 weeks ago #29820 by Charlie_N
Finally got to the lake to check out the changes and additions to the Glasspar. The motor had not run in about a year but started right up. We did have a leak in one of the fittings in the gas line that was letting in some air but after fixing that had no more problems with the motor. We burned up about 12 gallons over the weekend and it ran great. The tach seems to be a little erratic and posibbly reads high. May try to take it out and have it checked. The new bimini worked out well. We still need to attach the eyelets at the rear for the straps. We need to install more eyebolts inside the boat for storage of the life jackets. Overall a good weekend. Hopefully get back to the lake later in the summer to do some ski ing.
Charlie
Attachments:

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds