× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon 1961 Seafair Sedan interior paint

• 16again
  • 16again's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
7 months 1 week ago #29758 by 16again
16again replied the topic: 1961 Seafair Sedan interior paint
Boat looks great. I agree with you about the finish, its just classic. I have used my Binks #7 with large primer tip, my Binks #2012? with primer tip,both traditional old school siphon feed guns. I have also used my HVLP gun with primer tip but what I like the best is the gravity feed cheep gel coat gun I got from tcp. Use it for gel coat, primer and
Zolatone. If doing Gel Coat do not believe the hype that you do not need to flush with acetone between refills. Went off in my first gun which forced repairs before I could continue with the project. Bought a second gun just to be sure I was covered before starting another project.
Going out to the shop today since the temperature is supposed to reach mid 60's and do some gel coat touch up where I sanded thru the new coat. Get a couple of coats on then I will be able to sand again and polish, bingo hull will be done and I can get started on the deck. Maybe get this G3 canoe in the water by summer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #29759 by John_P
John_P replied the topic: 1961 Seafair Sedan interior paint
I agree with everything you have said Jack. Great tips for other members that may be doing Zolatone or gelcoat in the future. Thanks for your great reply and input.

• 16again
  • 16again's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
7 months 1 week ago #29760 by 16again
16again replied the topic: 1961 Seafair Sedan interior paint
Glad to participate, wish we had more activity. Guess everyone is getting old and running out of steam.

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds
JSN Metro template designed by JoomlaShine.com