× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon 1961 Seafair Sedan interior paint

• 16again
  • 16again's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
1 year 9 months ago #29752 by 16again
1961 Seafair Sedan interior paint was created by 16again
Did the factory use Zolatone on the interior of the Seafair Sedan or something else? Neither of mine appears to be Zolatone but I'm not sure what it might be. My 62 Avalon and 59 G3 both have Zolatone. If that was correct for the Sedan as well I will get busy prep'ing for paint.
Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #29753 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic 1961 Seafair Sedan interior paint
Jack, my 1960 Seafair Sunliner had a grey Zolatone inside paint job. The Sedan was probably the same in 1960. Also my '56 Avalon has a brown Zolatone interior for what that info is worth.

-JR (Jerry)

More
1 year 9 months ago #29754 by John_P
Replied by John_P on topic 1961 Seafair Sedan interior paint
Jack:

I am very sure that Glasspar used the Zolatone Paint on all of the interiors of their boats. Both of our Glasspar Boats
(1960 G-3 and 1960 Seafair Sedan) had the Zolatone Paint and every Glasspar I have ever seen had it also, with the exception of Glasspar Boat Owners that applied something else.

Here is a link for you to a company that sells the Zolatone Paint. I have used them for both of our Glasspar Boats and they are great to deal with. Here is the link for you:

www.tcpglobal.com/Brands_4/Zolatone-20-Series-Colors/

Good luck Sir!

John_P

• 16again
  • 16again's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boater
  • Gold Boater
More
1 year 9 months ago #29755 by 16again
Replied by 16again on topic 1961 Seafair Sedan interior paint
Thanks gentlemen, I was pretty sure that was the case as like I mentioned my G3 and Avalon both have it. John your link is a great resource, I've been using them for years for all kinds of paint supplies. Just can't believe how much Zolatone has gone up over the years. When I first started doing boats in about 1974 I was paying like $25 dollars a gallon, probably just keeping up with everything else but today's prices just seem high. Makes me not want to test as much as I used to.
Thanks again
Jack

More
1 year 9 months ago #29756 by John_P
Jack:

You are very welcome on the Zolatone link to TCP Global. I agree with you about the price on that stuff!! It is high, but there is no interior finish in a boat that I like better. We used it in both of our Glasspar Boats, namely, our 1960 G-3 and our 1960 Seafair Sedan. I learned how to spray it from a good friend of mine and once you have the right spray gun and tools it is not that hard. The papering and masking of the boats actually took the longest. BTW,....I don't know if you have ever used it, but if not, DO NOT use an HVLP Spray Gun! Despite what a former member here said, I tried it with that and that spray gun would "clog up" about every few minutes! You have to use one of the "old style" gravity type spray guns with the larger jet as the Zolatone is some thick stuff!

Hope this helps you some.

John_P

More
1 year 9 months ago #29757 by John_P
Jack:

Here are some photos of the BEFORE and AFTER of the Zolatone in our 1960 Seafair Sedan:
Attachments:

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds