× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon G-3 for love of life

• lonewolf
  • lonewolf's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boater
  • Fresh Boater
More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #29561 by lonewolf
lonewolf created the topic: G-3 for love of life
Wife and I had first date on my 59' G-3, with 45 merc. Primary entertainment while serving in USN. Sis-pak, tuna sandwich, $2.00 of gas and off we'd go ... not a care in the world. Then had to sell that G-3 to pay for first child hospital and Dr. bills almost $800 at that time ! Been looking for a replacement for many years now that money no longer the issue. Actually purchased a couple of basket cases along the way, but not worth the effort in restoring. Finally found this 1966 in a very wealthy mans collection. After his death his wife used a broker to sell to me. Hadn't been wet since 1974. I spent last winter refreshing and replacing some dried out rubber in the Merc 650. Launched last wed and ran like a screamer ! Over 60mph out of the hole then the engine started moving around on the transom. Back to the ramp and after some adjustments she ran just fine. Glad I replaced the cable steering with mechanical dampened system, rough water couldn't shake the wheel from my hands . Wife and I off to make tuna sandwichs and take a bottle of Cab & 6 Pak out for the weekend in the rockies. Feel like a couple of teenagers again ..... see our first G-3 in the first pic , wish we were still that thin !!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #29562 by Terrydi
Terrydi replied the topic: G-3 for love of life
Hello lonewolf and welcome to the GOA.

Great story and congratulations on finding a replacement for that first love.

To post pictures on this site you gotta make them real small and resize to 100kb or less.

Would like to see that first G3 and the new one too.

Thanks,
Terry
Attachments:

More
1 year 1 month ago #29563 by 16again
16again replied the topic: G-3 for love of life
Welcome aboard Lonewolf
Sure wish my G3 were finished but alas I'd have to go buy more projects, unless I have 3 or 4 going I'm board.
Many G3 owners will be very interested in your setup being able to get over 60mph with a 65hp Merc. Pictures are much anticipated.
You might find the Florida Glasspar G3 group interesting as well as the Fiberglassic group and if your in CA. the Golden State Glassics group, take a few minutes and visit each.
Jack

• lonewolf
  • lonewolf's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boater
  • Fresh Boater
More
1 year 1 month ago #29569 by lonewolf
lonewolf replied the topic: G-3 for love of life
As I said in a previous post, I don't believe the speedo, installing a new (old original) one as we chat. Will use gps to get accurate readings this week. My Mark 58A used to get her up to 51/52 solo. After years of racing hydro's I'm feeling this is doing mid 50's. But speed is not important to me anymore like it was when I was a teenager ! Just love the G-3 for handling, ride, fun ......
Thanks for the input Am a member of both groups ! regards ... pete

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
JSN Metro template designed by JoomlaShine.com