× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Ad Service Kit

• Jayarrgh
  • Jayarrgh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
2 years 6 days ago - 2 years 6 days ago #29429 by Jayarrgh
Ad Service Kit was created by Jayarrgh
Here is some more Glasspar history trivia. Note: this material originated at the Nashville Glasspar plant site but could be used by any dealer. The ad service kit was sent out (September 1959) as a marketing aid to Glasspar dealers. What they got was a high quality heavy mat print copy example in 1,2 and 3 column versions suitable for placement into a local newspaper. After reviewing the sample, the dealer could mail the form back to Glasspar and get a customized version with their name in the ad. Also the ad would show whichever of the current production boats the dealer wanted to display along with the outboard of his choice (Johnson, Evinrude, Mercury, Scott). Personally, I think this was a really cool low cost way to get Glasspar boat info where it could be seen by a maximum number of people (most everybody read the newspaper in 1959/60!). B)

Also worth noting is the statement, in the accompanying letter, that Glasspar introduced their new models in September of the previous year. This confirms my belief that their model years were the same as the automobiles of the time (Sept to Sept). So, for example, you could have a 1959 Seafair Sedan (the first model year) which was actually built and 1st registered in 1958. :huh:

-JR (Jerry)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 days ago #29431 by Terrydi
Replied by Terrydi on topic Ad Service Kit
_JR,

Very interesting information. Where do you find all this great stuff?
There were a lot of things going on at Glasspar during that period for sure.

The Glasspar 1958 Annual Report dated Jan 8th 1959 states the new 1959 Glasspar fleet was introduced to dealers across the country early in September 1958.

So as you suspected they had their new year model introduction coincide with automobiles to catch that new year model buzz. That also helps explain some of the fuzziness in some of the serial numbers we see.

Thanks,
Terry
Attachments:

• Jayarrgh
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
2 years 4 days ago - 2 years 4 days ago #29434 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic Ad Service Kit
Terry,

The ad service material came with that 1960 price list I got on ebay. The ad copy itself was folded up (15" x 17") and looked like it had never been opened. I really wanted the price list and these other documents were just a nice addition at the time. Now, I think these items add to the growing understanding of the Glasspar company in the Bill Tritt years. :)

-JR (Jerry)

• Jayarrgh
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
2 years 2 days ago #29440 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic Ad Service Kit
Here is an actual newspaper ad which would have been sent to dealers in a similar ad service kit.

Attachments:

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds