× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Jack's Seafair Sedan from New Mexico

More
2 years 4 months ago #29333 by 16again
Replied by 16again on topic Jack's Seafair Sedan from New Mexico
Terry your absolutely right, I went back thru my pink slip file and realized that the "59" was a totally different boat. The one which I retrieved form NM is in fact a "61" like you I appreciate the sculped helms. I have an extra pair of these should anyone be interested. I would put them in mine if I didn't have to disconnect everything. I think the look is wonderful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #29336 by rjcullis
Replied by rjcullis on topic Jack's Seafair Sedan from New Mexico
I really like the wrap around helm panels and wish I had them in my 1963. The one that comes in the 1963 is a compromise that is rather ugly with 2 very thin strips to round out the back corners of the cabin top. I have always associated the nice panels with 59's so it shows you how much I know..

Richard

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #29337 by rjcullis
Replied by rjcullis on topic Jack's Seafair Sedan from New Mexico
1961 eh. Well Jack if you don't want those wrap around helm panels I am mighty interested. My email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. email me and let's see what we can work out.

Richard

More
2 years 1 month ago #29570 by 16again
Son Jeff and I got busy this weekend, cleaned up the stringers and ribs, set everything in 5200 fast set then moved on to installing the floor which again was set in fast set and secured with galvanized screws. Let it all dry for 24 hrs and proceeded to filet all of the edges to eliminate hard corners, filled all voids with cabosil infused resin and once set installed the first taping of floor to hull. Turned out pretty nice for Jeff's 1st attempt at glass work.

More
2 years 1 week ago #29642 by 16again
This boat is taking a different path, Jeff and his significant GF have after spending the weekend on my Seafair Sedan decided that the boat is just not big enough for them and have begun their pursuit of a larger boat. At the moment they are interested in a 24" Sleekcraft IO or a Spectra V drive 24' both of which are available locally infact I used to own the Spectra.

In any event this leaves me with one more Sedan than I need. Think I will go ahead and finish Jeff's boat since it is a shell I can install the new Etec and all of its electronics as well shortening the port and & starboard bunks, port for storage cabinet and starboard to house the porta potti.

More
2 years 1 week ago #29643 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic Jack's Seafair Sedan from New Mexico
Sorry to hear Jeff is no longer interested in the Seafair. :( That is a lost member for the GOA. The New Mexico boat is nice and should be put back into use IMHO. Sounds like you intend to customize the cabin interior, perhaps to make it more suitable for something other than sleeping? You mentioned an e-tec, did you get a new one for this boat?

-JR (Jerry)

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds