× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon 1961 seafair sedan

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #29227 by Terrydi
Replied by Terrydi on topic 1961 seafair sedan
Hey Bob,

Yeah we fly a Viking flag here in Chicago too.
And there is nothing like a taste of the Aquavit to chase the brew after a long day on the job if you know what I mean.

I’d want to patch those holes for sure but if they are water tight wait till you ready to refinish the hull.

Thanks,
Terry “Son of Dick” Dickson
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Salmonbob
  • Salmonbob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boater
  • Junior Boater
More
4 years 3 months ago #29230 by Salmonbob
Replied by Salmonbob on topic 1961 seafair sedan
should I keep sanding down to the glass on my topsides?

thanks for the input!

Bob

More
4 years 3 months ago #29231 by Terrydi
Replied by Terrydi on topic 1961 seafair sedan
Bob,

I’d try to get as much of that old gel coat off as time and patience allows. Other guys with more experience than I have say the best approach for professional results is to take it all off. But I know it’s nearly impossible in all the nooks and crannies around the windshield area and on the sides.

Terry

More
4 years 3 months ago #29239 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic 1961 seafair sedan

16again wrote: George is there some way that pic's posted to Facebook can be automatically posted to GOA? You know me I don't know squat about it but just seems reasonable.

Jack

I'm not sure I know that much more than you, Jack, on this computer stuff. :unsure: I know nothing about Facebook since I don't have an account and anytime I've tried to figure it out, I just find it confusing. So, don't know how pics are hosted on Facebook.

I would assume, as Bob points out, that it would be like any other link to the site (i.e. copy the url and paste it into your post).

George

More
4 years 3 months ago #29241 by 16again
Replied by 16again on topic 1961 seafair sedan
Bob
I'm no expert but a couple years ago we redid the bottom and sides of out Hallett Day Cruiser and we merely repaired the beach gouges in the bottom and sanded everything with 80 grit. Cleaned well and shot the new gel coat then sanded and sanded and sanded then polished and waxed. It really came out beautiful. Not sure why one needs to remove all of the old gel coat.

• edwardgrijalva6020
  • Expert Boater
  • Expert Boater
More
4 years 3 months ago #29242 by edwardgrijalva6020
Replied by edwardgrijalva6020 on topic 1961 seafair sedan
You do not have to sand off all of the old gel coat, I sanded my deck with 100 grit first and than sprayed the primer, next sanded the primer with 120 grit. Sprayed the thinned down gel-coat, wet-sand the gel-coat with 400 grit and finished with 600 grit, than buffed to a high gloss. You can fill in the cracks, but, they will come back sooner or later. The crackers come from the gel-coat being sprayed to thick, always on the corners and curbs, also some flat surface, the main culprit, un-experience gel-coaters was the main cause.
Just my 2 cents worth.

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds