× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Bumper Strips

• KMan
  • KMan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boater
  • Fresh Boater
More
1 year 5 months ago #29195 by KMan
KMan created the topic: Bumper Strips
*** Trying to find bumpers strips that go over the riveted seam between top and bottom of 1956 Glasspar delMar. I have monitored GOA forums for several months and none of the manufacturers mentioned show the style I need. I do see You Tube videos of folks skipping the water with what looks to be brand new bumper strips like I need.
They are white and shape like a 1/4 moon would shine down on us and have a 1/4" grove that appears to then be glued over the riveted seam of the top and bottom of the boat. Really quite simple but all of my internet searches have been fruitless.
I am just recently back "in word" with all you good folks here in Kennewick, Washington. Temperatures in the low seventies and beautiful blue skies from north to south and east to west this week.. I'll see if I can figure out how to attach an image. Nope.Didn't work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #29196 by Jayarrgh
Jayarrgh replied the topic: Bumper Strips
KMan,

Rubrail material like what you want is available (maybe) from WEFCO Rubber Manufacturing Company ( www.wefcorubber.com/ ). See this recent thread on windshield rubber for info and issues with WEFCO. classicglasspars.com/index.php?option=co...&id=26571&Itemid=219

I'm sure your rubrail is the same as the one on my Tri-Five Avalon. That design goes over the hull / deck joint instead of being inserted into an aluminum channel as in later models. That means exact fit is less of an issue for us (I hope). I have not ordered any as yet for my '56 Avalon but it looks to me like WEFCO Profile 0001 G LG is the right one. If you get something that you like be sure to post about it here so I can use it too. :)

-JR (Jerry)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.339 seconds
JSN Metro template designed by JoomlaShine.com