× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Tri-Five Avalon

• Jayarrgh
  • Jayarrgh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
2 years 4 months ago #29121 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic Tri-Five Avalon
Bob, welcome to the GOA. It looks like you have a Seafair Sedan in pretty good condition. Plus you have a good start on the restoration. The first restoration hurdle, as far as I am concerned, is to separate the keeper parts from the junk so you can start the re-build. It looks like you have done that. There are several Seafair Sedans in the GOA. That was Glasspars most popular model. Unfortunately, the GOA photo gallery and other history sections have not yet been recovered after the hack. But you can probably get answers to most questions from the members.

I suggest you start a thread for your boat to get answers to questions and document your progress. :)

-JR (Jerry)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #29122 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic Tri-Five Avalon
Jerry,

As mentioned on the GSG board, I am really looking forward to your progress on this project! Have you figured out how to do the windshield yet?

Here's a scan from the 1957 brochure (that's the earliest one I have):

George
Attachments:

More
2 years 4 months ago #29123 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic Tri-Five Avalon
Bob,

As Jerry mentioned, I do have a few brochures (I am missing a couple of years) if I can help in any way and scan info that you are looking for. Looks like your boat is coming along very nicely! :woohoo:

Starting your own thread would help get more focus on your boat.

George

• edwardgrijalva6020
  • Expert Boater
  • Expert Boater
More
2 years 4 months ago #29124 by edwardgrijalva6020
Replied by edwardgrijalva6020 on topic Tri-Five Avalon
Just my 2 cents, the windshield part was made of fiberglass, one piece, I worked on the mold and I remember the glass-cut out. It was a very simple mold.

• Jayarrgh
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
2 years 4 months ago #29125 by Jayarrgh

gwbell wrote: Jerry,

As mentioned on the GSG board, I am really looking forward to your progress on this project! Have you figured out how to do the windshield yet?

Here's a scan from the 1957 brochure (that's the earliest one I have):
George

George,
I have a plan in mind for how to re-create the fiberglass frame windshield (from photographs). It will not be an exact replica just a plywood version that resembles the original. How it will look is a big question right now.

Also, you might find this interesting. This is a scan of a price list with a date on it of March 1st, 1957. Note the windshield option has changed to a "wrap-around safety glass windshield" for $145. The fiberglass frame version was only used in the first half of the '57 model year.

-JR (Jerry)
Attachments:

• Jayarrgh
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
2 years 4 months ago #29126 by Jayarrgh

edwardgrijalva6020 wrote: Just my 2 cents, the windshield part was made of fiberglass, one piece, I worked on the mold and I remember the glass-cut out. It was a very simple mold.

Eddie,

I was thinking you might have worked on it. I wish I had that mold right now. I wonder what happened to it? Probably got dumped when production shifted to the wrap around automobile style windshield.

-JR (Jerry)

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.264 seconds