× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Tri-Five Avalon

• edwardgrijalva6020
  • Expert Boater
  • Expert Boater
More
2 years 6 months ago #29127 by edwardgrijalva6020
Replied by edwardgrijalva6020 on topic Tri-Five Avalon
I was told by a company employee, that bought Glasspar, that most of the molds were cut up and taken to the dump, yes how sad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #29129 by Terrydi
Replied by Terrydi on topic Tri-Five Avalon
Hey Jerry,

Found these pics of an old Avalon with the goggles.

When you first started talking about replicating the frame in wood I thought of something along the lines of this Garwood.

Good to see we can insert photos again but the only way I can make it work is to reduce the image to less than 100kb.

Thanks,
Terry
Attachments:

• Jayarrgh
  • Jayarrgh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
2 years 6 months ago #29131 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic Tri-Five Avalon
Terry, thanks. Those are great Avalon pictures, even at reduced resolution they show a lot of detail. Among the boat builders of the glory days of wooden power boats, Garwood is my favorite. I love the looks of that windshield. All good info. :)

-JR (Jerry)

More
2 years 5 months ago #29140 by Terrydi
Replied by Terrydi on topic Tri-Five Avalon
-JR,

Found another one.

Terry
Attachments:

• Jayarrgh
  • Jayarrgh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #29142 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic Tri-Five Avalon
Hi Terry,

Yes, I have seen that one before (fiberglassics). It confused me because it is labeled a '57 but did not have the Bullnose bow handle. I now believe that fitting was removed when it was re-painted. What convinced me of that is this Avalon for sale on Ebay. It is a Tri-Five, because it has the bow fitting and the fancy stern handles. However, it also has the wrap-around windshield which means it was made after March of 1957. So what I get from that is all '57s probably had the Bullnose bow handle even the late models.

Since my Avalon did not have a windshield, that might have meant it could have been even a late '57. But there is another informative photo of the Ebay boat. Note the location of the "Avalon" emblem on the port side of the dash. This is where it is located on later versions of the Avalon. However, my Avalon had it right in the middle of the dash. I count this as evidence that my boat is pre-57. :unsure:

-JR (Jerry)
Attachments:

More
2 years 5 months ago #29149 by 16again
Replied by 16again on topic Tri-Five Avalon
Hey Jerry take a look at the Portland CL for glasspar. Has your name all over it.

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds