× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon My apologies for the recent site outage . . .

• glassparman.admin
  • glassparman.admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
More
11 months 1 week ago #29710 by glassparman.admin
glassparman.admin replied the topic: My apologies for the recent site outage . . .
Broc, I appreciate the offer. It just takes time . . . something I don't have a lot of now days.

I have a feeling things will be much better with this new host. I'll get that gallery up soon.

In the mean time, everyone get their boats prepped for winter :)

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 1 week ago #29712 by Jayarrgh
Jayarrgh replied the topic: My apologies for the recent site outage . . .
It seems this new host allows some really big image files ..." Maximum Image File Size: 4.4 MB" No more cropping and re-sizing down to 100KB needed, great! Hmm, those would be pretty big photo files, is there any reason to still keep pic sizes moderate (say a few hundred KB) ???

-JR (Jerry)

More
11 months 1 week ago #29713 by woodlund
woodlund replied the topic: My apologies for the recent site outage . . .
I actually like having modest size images. It prevents the screen from "ballooning" and having to use the scroll bars, etc. Once a big image comes up, all teh following posts will usually be huge without decent word-wrap, etc. (at least on other sites...).

I think modest images can convey plenty of information. And sometimes the crop and edit process allows me to choose what should be in the display.

I hope we don't allow images to get too big ...

• glassparman.admin
  • glassparman.admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
More
11 months 1 week ago #29716 by glassparman.admin
glassparman.admin replied the topic: My apologies for the recent site outage . . .
Actually, the size of images has nothing to do with the host . . . it was an upgrade to this forum module. I'm not sure I like the look of the overall upgrade but if you guys are happy with the image sizes then I'm happy! :)

More
11 months 1 week ago #29717 by Jayarrgh
Jayarrgh replied the topic: My apologies for the recent site outage . . .

glassparman.admin wrote: Actually, the size of images has nothing to do with the host . . . it was an upgrade to this forum module. I'm not sure I like the look of the overall upgrade but if you guys are happy with the image sizes then I'm happy! :)

Well, the overall look of the new format has at least one feature that I would like to see changed. The font size is much too small. Is there an option to make all the text bigger and / or bolder??

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds
JSN Metro template designed by JoomlaShine.com