× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon My apologies for the recent site outage . . .

• glassparman.admin
  • glassparman.admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Site Administrator
  • Site Administrator
More
1 year 11 months ago #28984 by glassparman.admin
glassparman.admin created the topic: My apologies for the recent site outage . . .
Why in the world someone would want to hack our site is unknown to me. For those of you who have been around for a few years, this was not our first rodeo. It happened a few years back as well. In fact, it has happened three times over the last 15 years that the site has been up.

I'm looking at some ways to avoid this in the future. Normally I have backups and could have recovered within 12 hours but for some reason, my backup disk was corrupt.

I will continue to look for ways to avoid issues in the future and also look for alternatives to recovering quickly.

Once again, my apologies for the inconvenience and keep watching as I get the rest of the site restored.

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #28985 by glassparman
glassparman replied the topic: My apologies for the recent site outage . . .
Also, just so everyone can rest at ease about the site outage, it was not a hack like you hear about on the news where peoples data is stolen. The site was secured properly to avoid that. The issue was with the contact form we were using. It was not properly sanitizing the input and allowed a malicious user to inject code into the form thereby corrupting a bunch, and I mean a bunch of other files that were used for basic function of the site.

To avoid this in the future, we will use a different form that properly sanitizes the input.

As far as the rest of the site, please give me some time to restore the other items like the brochures and such. I'm still working 12 hour days and don't have the option of working on it at work any more.

Michael

More
1 year 11 months ago #28986 by glassparman
glassparman replied the topic: My apologies for the recent site outage . . .
OK gang, my apologies if anyone was on last night around 9pm PST. I was working on the template and kind of broke the site. I was able to get it fixed within a few minutes but it did some weird stuff while I was messing with the template.

Now, I need to do some work on the template to get the new look and feel going so I may take the site down for maintenance a couple times this week. If you see the "down for maint" message, don't be alarmed . . . just come back later. I usually go to bed by 9pm because I work 12 hour days so check back after that time.

Have a great week everyone and feel free to post in this thread if you are seeing any issues or want some sort of feature added.

Michael

More
1 year 11 months ago #28987 by gwbell
gwbell replied the topic: My apologies for the recent site outage . . .
Well...I'm back on!!!! :woohoo:

Thanks very much to Michael's hard work, and (I'm sure) lots of long hours to make this happen! Your efforts are truly appreciated, Michael!!! :)

George

More
1 year 10 months ago #29100 by gwbell
gwbell replied the topic: My apologies for the recent site outage . . .
Thank You Again, Michael!! :woohoo:

George

More
1 year 9 months ago #29267 by rjcullis
rjcullis replied the topic: My apologies for the recent site outage . . .
Thanks for the hard work Michael, the hacking is so frustrating. I cannot imagine trying to fix it.

Richard

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds