× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Glasspars on Wheels

• Terrydi
  • Terrydi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #28961 by Terrydi
Terrydi created the topic: Glasspars on Wheels
This link has been posted before but Mary and I recently watched the "Beverly Hillbillies Christmas at the Clampetts" (1963) DVD.

A very funny episode where Mr. Drysdale gives the Clampetts a boat for Christmas. It looks like a wood boat and I can’t make out the name on the badge.

So anyway the Clampetts climb into the truck and go driving around LA looking for some water to float the boat in and there are numerous shots of Glasspars rolling on wheels.

I see a 60 Chevy pulling a Marathon or Citation. Then there is a 60 Ford wagon towing a Seafair Sunliner with a soft top which I have never seen before and looks very sharp.

Then they cruise past the Starlite Marina where there is a whole lot full of Glasspars all on wheels including a couple Avalons, a G3, and a Seafair Sedan with a bimini top.

Watch for good portside shot of a Sedan pulled with a 60 Impala and thanks to Jethro for not running into it.

Also seen is a VW Bug hauling an early Lido.

The episode is on YouTube although the quality is poor.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #28962 by gwbell
gwbell replied the topic: Glasspars on Wheels
Very cute video, Terry!

Makes me wonder if some deal was made with Glasspar at the time, since the other boats shown seemed to be only Glasspars.

Thanks for posting!

George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds
JSN Metro template designed by JoomlaShine.com