× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Someone save it?

• raydawg
  • raydawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #28835 by raydawg
raydawg replied the topic: Someone save it?
Yeah, I read that part too, but I am thinking it is a misrepresentation....
I think he meant to say, and it needs an outboard, not to rebuild as an outboard, that would make no sense :ohmy:

Eddie, or someone, correct me if I am wrong, but that hull seems too old to sport the I/O.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #28848 by Terrydi
Terrydi replied the topic: Someone save it?
This Glasspar showed up over at FG and has a 62 s/n, although she did not know which model, and is equipped with a VP IO. The owner first claimed it to be 110 HP but later said 70.

Notice the VP control panel and the Merc Ride Guide wheel. My first thought was a retrofit OB to IO.

Looks like the same hull for sure.

George, I seem to recall you recently posted 1963 Glasspar info that showed which I believe was the Avalon available with the IO option.

Terry
Attachments:

• raydawg
  • raydawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
2 years 2 months ago #28849 by raydawg
raydawg replied the topic: Someone save it?
Here is another worthy Delmar that would be a shame to see it go to its demise :angry:

Asking 5 hundred. Anybody?

The link: seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/5337369158.html

More
2 years 2 months ago #28860 by gwbell
gwbell replied the topic: Someone save it?
Terry,

Went back through my brochures and found first time Avalon model (along with others) was offered with a factory I/O was in 1963. Seafair series were in 1961. For some reason, I had it in my head that all models were offered with a I/O option...I was wrong...again... :pinch:

George
Attachments:

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #28862 by Terrydi
Thanks George,

My take on the OP CL ad was it was possibly an IO boat minus motor and drive.

This article mentions the VP Aquamatic OD was available in 1960.

The early Aquamatics were designed to easily retrofit existing OB boats being fully supported by the transom and did not require a motor bed.

This is an early Sedan with the AQ 80 and is posted at FG in the 1961 Glasspar page.

Another listing at FG is on 1962 Glasspar inboard boat models from a 1963 inboard boat trade-in guide.

Terry
Attachments:

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #28892 by Terrydi
Hello George,

I found 1962 price pages and in the notes it is mentioned the Seafairs were available with factory VP IO.

No price is listed but notice the picture caption above shows the Sedan retails for about $3795 which is also given for F.O.B. price on the used boat guide.

Notes:
All Glasspar models feature built-in flotation, resilient neoprene gunwale guard, aluminum transom plate and marine hardware designed by Glasspar.
The Superlite, Balboa, Lido, G-3 Skiboat and Marathon have standard transoms. The Avalon, Citation, Del Mar, Seafair models and Ventura have long shaft transoms.
Colors in the ‘62 line are Reef Bule, Glasspar Green, Jet Black, Titan Red, Nassau Green, White and the new-for-’62 Tahiti Tan. The Del Mar, Seafair models and Ventura are available with white hulls only.
All Seafair models are available with factory installed Volvo-Penta inboard-outboard drive. Ask your dealer for details.

Terry

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.511 seconds