× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Half a Glasspar...

• gwbell
  • gwbell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Moderator
  • Forum Moderator
More
2 years 10 months ago #28583 by gwbell
Half a Glasspar... was created by gwbell
Took our grand-daughter to the local kids discovery museum recently. Surprised to see this sitting out front for the kids to play on. I'm thinking either Citation or Marathon?

Wonder what happened to the other half??? :S

George
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #28584 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic Half a Glasspar...
In kids playgrounds, I have seen a variety of old airplanes, a few cars, one firetruck, and several boats (whole) but never half a boat. What is more, that boat has a windshield, lights, controls and is sitting on part of a trailer. Whoever thought that up is very imaginative and clever. :)

-JR (Jerry)

More
2 years 10 months ago #28594 by glassfrompass
Replied by glassfrompass on topic Half a Glasspar...
That's a 1/2 Marathon. (would that be 13 miles?)

it's a dead ringer for my first Glasspar (1/2 of it anyway) which was a 1960 Marathon.
i sure miss her,
tom

Attachments:

• gwbell
  • Forum Moderator
  • Forum Moderator
More
2 years 10 months ago #28595 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic Half a Glasspar...
Tom,

You didn't happen to donate your boat to a kids museum did you? :blink: :pinch:

George

More
2 years 10 months ago #28596 by glassfrompass
Replied by glassfrompass on topic Half a Glasspar...
Nope, sold it on craigslist, --too cheap, apparently.
a short time later the guy I sold it to relisted it on craigslist for much more.
then earlier this year, the guy he sold it to relisted it yet again on craigslist for almost 4 times what I sold it for. i don't know if it sold for that much but i contacted the guy and accused him of price-gouging. I had already done all the resto work on it there was nothing left to do or improve.
tom

• gwbell
  • Forum Moderator
  • Forum Moderator
More
2 years 10 months ago #28600 by gwbell
Replied by gwbell on topic Half a Glasspar...
Tom,

Hate to repeat an old story, but know how you can feel taken advantage of. Years ago I had a Lido that I offered for free. I had receive it also for free. Was contacted by a guy from the LA area saying he and his wife would love to have the boat. He gave me this line about how his wife was soooo excited and looking forward to boating, blah, blah, blah. The Lido had a really clean 35-hp Johnson that I considered keeping, but threw it in since the guy said he was new to boating. Made arrangements for him to come get the boat, and since he had a 3-hour tow back, I repacked the wheel bearings and made sure the trailer lights were working properly.

About 3-weeks later, I saw the exact same boat with a new paint job for sale for $3,500. Guess the wife lost out.... :evil: :sick:

The best part of this story is the guy also told me he was a Pastor. Guess you just can't trust anyone anymore...

Pics of Lido and me doing the work:

George
Attachments:

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds