× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon 59 seafair sedan questions

• edwardgrijalva6020
  • Expert Boater
  • Expert Boater
More
1 year 2 months ago #29491 by edwardgrijalva6020
edwardgrijalva6020 replied the topic: 59 seafair sedan questions
Did you have the transom eyes tied down ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ianmoore
  • ianmoore's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
1 year 2 months ago #29496 by ianmoore
ianmoore replied the topic: 59 seafair sedan questions
At that point i didn't have them. I had a heavy duty rachet strap that i would pull tight just in front of the splashwell

• edwardgrijalva6020
  • Expert Boater
  • Expert Boater
More
1 year 2 months ago #29497 by edwardgrijalva6020
Those transom eye tie downs saved my boat when a tow truck driver just about dumped my Seafair. He was not very savvy in towing boats, glad I had it tied down by the transom eyes, saved my day.

• ianmoore
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
1 year 2 months ago #29499 by ianmoore
I should post some pics of the tow trucks getting the boat off of my 4runner. They did more damage by far than the actual accident!

• edwardgrijalva6020
  • Expert Boater
  • Expert Boater
More
1 year 2 months ago #29500 by edwardgrijalva6020
Yep, they sure do.

• ianmoore
  • Senior Boater
  • Senior Boater
More
5 months 6 days ago #29779 by ianmoore
Hello all,

As the sun is slowly creeping out and temperatures are moving towards not freezing, I am preparing my boat for another summer. I had a few questions and queries for the Glasspar world.

Firstly, I have had my kicker motor sitting on the transom. I bought a motor bracket for it. When I rebuilt the transom, i did so to the original specs, 1 1/2" with about 1/4" additional glass. My merc 115 weight 290lbs, so I'd prefer to mount the bracket on the port side of the transom, behind the gunwhales. Has anyone had any experience with mounting it this way and have any thoughts on this?

I also have the lovely side saddle aluminum tanks. I mounted them the best way I could think of at the time, but they have a slight slant to them and I would love to either lift them up higher, where they are more parallel, or at the very least, find a better way to mount them. Would love ideas on this.

-in the cuddy-I am looking for a good way to mount the hatch gasket along the seam under the window. I put adhesive on and tried to use various clothes pin type things to get it so properly seal. That didn't work too well. How do you guys get the hatch gasket tight around this area(in pic)

any good solutions for the cuddy ceiling? I have a headliner from a '62, but it's plastic and seems like it would fall apart pretty quickly. I know one fellow use wood across the ceiling. Trying to find an elegant way to do that!
Attachments:

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds
JSN Metro template designed by JoomlaShine.com