× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon 1963 Citation

• bobber
  • bobber's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
4 years 1 month ago #26810 by bobber
bobber created the topic: 1963 Citation
I have rebuilt the interior of a 1963 Citation that had been abandoned for over 20 years. I am having a windshield fabricated. Does anyone know the dimensions, specifically, the height of the original? I am guessing 20" but am unsure.
Also, I will be purchasing a used outboard motor and am concerned with issues regarding the balance and smoothness of ride. I am more interested in a reliable motor than trying to make it an original. Does anyone have any experience with this ?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #26812 by AlandSandy
AlandSandy replied the topic: 1963 Citation
bobber,

First welcome to the site. There is an article by Mike found on this site's home page links about making windshields. Several members on this site have had some experience with windshields. You will not be sorry for repowering with a newer motor is you plan to use the boat. Also there is an active Glasspar group in NC & VA. They recently held a "get em wet" day at Falls Lake near Raleigh.

Al

Al and Sandy Wilson
Marque Club Representative ACBS
Glasspar g3 Owners Club
www.g3owners.com

More
4 years 1 month ago #26813 by DaveM
DaveM replied the topic: 1963 Citation
Bobber, don't know if this will help but, Glasspar used a stock automotive rear windshield for many of their early boats' windshields. If yours is the one-piece curved style, it may be one of these, a mid-1950's Studebaker Hawk rear windshield.
Apparently Glasspar wasn't the only manufacturer who used this particular piece, and they are still fairly easy to find online as Studebaker Hawk parts. Last time I looked, the going price seemed to be around $300.
DaveM.

More
11 months 4 weeks ago #29693 by woodlund
woodlund replied the topic: 1963 Citation
My '62 has a 4-piece aluminum framed windshield that is reminiscent of the 1940's fighter plane ...

If it's that style, I can measure mine for you if need be?

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds
JSN Metro template designed by JoomlaShine.com