× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Hey Eddie G . . . New 30' Glasspar built . . .

More
5 years 4 months ago #26545 by grijalvaet
Replied by grijalvaet on topic Hey Eddie G . . . New 30' Glasspar built . . .
Hey Michael, check this information out, it is all new to me. I wonder who that person was in Big Bear.
Eddie.

Broker's Introduction to "Celtic Dreamer"

This custom 2003 32' Glasspar Sport Sedan was built by the current owner and the quality of workmanship, fit and finish are to high yacht standards. The vessel was constructed using the 30' Glasspar mold that was made in 1963. It was reported that Glasspar built one test hull before going out of business in 1966. Jeffrey's Craft acquired the molds in the 1960s and built an unknown number of hulls. This boat should not be confused with the cold-molded wood boats Jeffrey's built in the 1960s and 70s.

In the 1980s, the current owner purchased the molds from someone in Big Bear Lake. He transported them to his business in Garden Grove and prepared for the project. In 1990 construction began and continued for several years at both the Garden Grove facility and Highland Lumber in Anaheim. Joe Conner professionaly spray-painted the boat with Awlgrip in the early 2000s and the vessel was moved to Colonial Yacht Anchorage in Wilmington for completion. In 2003 the boat was trucked to the Marina Shipyard in Long Beach where it was launched.

The twin Cummins 6BTA 5.9M turbo-diesel engines were acquired in the 1990s and completely rebuilt by the owner at the South Coast College School of Diesel Mechanics. The Kohler 7.5 kw genset and all other components were new in 2003. A marine survey completed in 2003 gave the boat a market value of $230,000 at that time.

In my opinion, this vessel's hull construction and wood joinery are superior to any production boat built in 2003. This is a tremendous value for someone looking for classic looks and quality construction.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #26546 by AlandSandy
Replied by AlandSandy on topic Hey Eddie G . . . New 30' Glasspar built . . .
Guy's I have a pic of a 30' Glasspar launch. Bruce Faison is looking for one of these. I was told this boat was commissioned by Bill Tritt in the early 70's. That new cabin boat really is sweet looking. I guess Tritt's hulls are still highly sought after. I know I like them.

Al and Sandy Wilson
Marque Club Representative ACBS
Glasspar g3 Owners Club
www.g3owners.com
Attachments:

More
5 years 4 months ago #26552 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic Hey Eddie G . . . New 30' Glasspar built . . .
"I guess Tritt's hulls are still highly sought after. I know I like them."

DITTO

That is a really nice looking 30ft hull.

-JR

More
5 years 4 months ago #26555 by Terrydi
Beautiful boat, and for 69 grand it’s a steal. Be a great boat for salmon fishing on Lake Michigan.

Puts some perspective on the $50,000.00 Sedan.

Terry

• glassparman
  • glassparman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boater
  • Expert Boater
More
5 years 3 months ago #26565 by glassparman
Replied by glassparman on topic Hey Eddie G . . . New 30' Glasspar built . . .
I have been corisponding back and forth with the dealer that has the boat for sale and he has been talking to the owner/builder.

This is what they said "You might mention that the bridge didn't come from the Skipjack, it was Pat's design. He widened the bridge about 10"-15". (Pat said he'd measure, if you'd like.) Pat built the bridge in the original mold, then modified it."

They have also extended an invitation for me to come down to to the beach and see the boat.

Eddie and George - maybe we can plan a get-together soon and all go look at it?? I think Eddie would love to see the boat built from a mold he helped build in 1959!

Michael

More
5 years 3 months ago #26566 by grijalvaet
Replied by grijalvaet on topic Hey Eddie G . . . New 30' Glasspar built . . .
Wonderful idea, let me know when, give me an advance notice, would love to go with you two kids, to see this toy.
Eddie.

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds