× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Hey Eddie G . . . New 30' Glasspar built . . .

More
3 years 3 months ago #27403 by rjcullis
rjcullis replied the topic: Hey Eddie G . . . New 32' Glasspar built . . .
Nice article

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #27404 by Jayarrgh
Jayarrgh replied the topic: Hey Eddie G . . . New 30' Glasspar built . . .
While searching the internet for Glasspar related photos, I saw four early pics labeled 30' Meridian mold and testing. The date on the mold pic is 1961, is that correct for the 30' mold? That does look like the 30' hull to me and the testing photos background looks like Newport / Balboa where I used to hang out (tho I admit it's not much to go on). The source of these photos was listed as the GOA website but I do not see these pics here. Is this old or wrong info, am I missing something? :unsure: Anyway, if these are of the 30' Glasspar Meridian they are fascinating glimpses of the old days.

-JR

Attachments:

More
3 years 3 months ago #27405 by gwbell
gwbell replied the topic: Hey Eddie G . . . New 30' Glasspar built . . .
JR,

These photos were posted by Eddie Grijalva (former Glasspar employee). They can be found on the site under the Members Menu/Glasspar History/Historical Articles/Building Boats/The Meridian Series. Lots of other cool stuff there if you've never poked around the site. :) In your first photo posted, that's Eddie fifth from the right.

Eddie's been having some log on problems, so we're working to get him back on the site.

Mr. Walsh added a 2-foot swim step to the end of his boat, hence making it 32-feet overall. Despite all of the modifications to his boat, all of the workmanship was beautifully done! :woohoo:

George

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #28479 by gwbell
gwbell replied the topic: 32-ft Glasspar back on the Market!
Received the following email from Eddie. Appears this boat is on the market again! Not sure I like the color change, but it's not like I have the money to buy it... :blush:

Anyone truly interested, please contact Rob Webb.

"Hi Guys,

I don't know if you are aware but the 2003 Glasspar 32 Sedan is back on the market. It was purchased a year ago and the new owner did lots of work and changed the color scheme (to less blue). He just got a job promotion and had to move to Florida and he is not shipping the boat back. Here is a link. Can you please pass the news via the Glasspar owners site? Thanks.

www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_...achts&&ywo=fcyachts&

Rob Webb
Flying Cloud Yachts
Alamitos Bay Marina
6400 Marina Drive
Long Beach, CA 90803
Cell: (562) 786-1872
Office: (562) 594-9716
FAX: (562) 594-0710
www.robwebbyachts.com
www.flyingcloudyachts.net "

George

More
1 year 1 month ago #29585 by gwbell
gwbell replied the topic: 32-ft Glasspar back on the Market!
Looks like this boat made it's way out to Florida and is being sold (again) on eBay. Unfortunately, she looks a little worse for the wear than when Eddie and I saw her down in Long Beach. Looks like the marine company seller didn't take any time to clean her up and do much for staging for sale. It's a shame this beauty hasn't been well cared for. Previous owner, Mr. Walsh, would be disappointed since you could tell this was his pride and joy.

completeboat.com/boats-for-sale/?rPage=/...=true&searchtype=buy

George
Attachments:

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
JSN Metro template designed by JoomlaShine.com