× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon 1960 Seafair Sunliner

• Jayarrgh
  • Jayarrgh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
7 years 2 months ago #26363 by Jayarrgh
1960 Seafair Sunliner was created by Jayarrgh
I have just acquired a Glasspar Seafair Sunliner which was made in 1960 according to the HIN. That was the first year of production for the Sunliner (I believe) and it was built in Santa Ana which, as it happens, was the time I lived near there. It is possible that I saw this very boat at the factory back then, so that is one point in it's favor. Another good point is that it is almost all original; original seats, all original deck hardware (except the bow nav light), all the badges, and the windshield and glass intact. The best part is that the cockpit sole, the transom core and the stringers (as far as I can tell) are all solid and not rotted. I don't intend to rebuild those unless further investigation uncovers a problem. However, I do intend to recover the deck, strengthen the transom for a new 4 stroke outboard, and do a general refurbishment of hull, deck and interior (details undecided). The boat is no creampuff and shows signs of hard use but I am looking forward to getting it out on the water eventually.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #26365 by John_P
Replied by John_P on topic 1960 Seafair Sunliner
Jayarrgh:

Welcome to the website Sir! ;)

Congratulations on getting your Seafair Sunliner! The Seafair line of Glasspars are truly great boats. It sounds like yours is in very good shape.

My Wife and I just finished a "refurbish" on a 1960 Seafair Sedan. Like yours, it was in real good shape. Take a look at my thread on the work titled: "Refurbish Of Our Seafair Sedan" when you get time.

Take care and good luck with your boat. When you get time try to post some pictures
for us.

John_P

• Jayarrgh
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #26377 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic 1960 Seafair Sunliner
John_P

I just looked at your Seafair Sedan pictures and I must say I am impressed. You have a show quality boat there. The workmanship and attention to detail is second to none. I can think of many questions I would like to ask but let me start with just one ... how did you get the boat off the trailer and onto the blocks/jacks? I am contemplating doing that but not sure of the best way to get it done. :huh:

More
7 years 2 months ago #26380 by John_P
Replied by John_P on topic 1960 Seafair Sunliner

Jayarrgh wrote: John_P

I just looked at your Seafair Sedan pictures and I must say I am impressed. You have a show quality boat there. The workmanship and attention to detail is second to none. I can think of many questions I would like to ask but let me start with just one ... how did you get the boat off the trailer and onto the blocks/jacks? I am contemplating doing that but not sure of the best way to get it done. :huh:

Jay:

Thanks for your nice comments on our Seafair Sedan. ;)

Jay, we used a commercial boat lift to pick the boat off the old trailer and set it onto the new trailer at a boatyard near our home. I will get some pictures up for you to see. To get the boat onto my flatbed, I have a 10,000 pound "Warn" Winch that I used to pull it up.

More
7 years 1 month ago #26381 by mindco
Replied by mindco on topic 1960 Seafair Sunliner
Please be very careful lifting a boat by way of the bow's eye bolt and the transom rings. They could be corroded and snap during the lift. Just injecting safety here. Lift small amounts and keep blocks under while doing that.

Mike

• Jayarrgh
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
7 years 1 month ago #26434 by Jayarrgh
Replied by Jayarrgh on topic 1960 Seafair Sunliner
Mike, no worries, I would not try to lift this hull by the bow eye and stern rings. If I do lift it off the trailer, I will use straps under the hull.

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds