× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon FINALLY,.....Found Cover For Our Seafair Sedan!!

• John_P
  • John_P's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
8 years 2 months ago #24001 by John_P

Seanfromseattle wrote: So I did some digging to try to find a link so I could just order this cover, but no luck. Maybe somebody else might have a link? I don't have a walmart around me (and I hate them)...

Sorry to hear you hate "Wal-Mart" Sean. :(

Anyway, if you are interested here is a link for you on the boat cover:

www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?sear...int=4125&se=polaris&

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #24009 by talltales
mike,good to hear that you got the three years of service from yours. i usually managed to get two yrs,but then walmart would replace it as long as i had the receipt. then they started wanting it in the original box and the receipt. have you ever tried to get one of those back into the box it came out of? next,the store would no longer replace them,you had to send them back to the manufacturer. well,i had 10 or 11 of them for various boats so it was getting a little spendy. i found that i could get the same service life from their tarps at about 1/3 to 1/2 the cost,just doesn't look as neat and tidy. in the long run john,i think the custom tarp is the most cost effective way to go. my 72 searay still has its original tarp,just had to get it restiched.

• John_P
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
8 years 2 months ago #24017 by John_P

talltales wrote: mike,good to hear that you got the three years of service from yours. i usually managed to get two yrs,but then walmart would replace it as long as i had the receipt. then they started wanting it in the original box and the receipt. have you ever tried to get one of those back into the box it came out of? next,the store would no longer replace them,you had to send them back to the manufacturer. well,i had 10 or 11 of them for various boats so it was getting a little spendy. i found that i could get the same service life from their tarps at about 1/3 to 1/2 the cost,just doesn't look as neat and tidy. in the long run john,i think the custom tarp is the most cost effective way to go. my 72 searay still has its original tarp,just had to get it restiched.

Thanks for your input Skip!

As you know, none of our Glasspar Boats will ever sit out in the rain and sun, so the covers should last alot longer than what you and Mike have experienced. What made me glad was that I was able to just find a cheaper boat cover that fit as good as this one did. I was told by several Glasspar Seafair Sedan owners that "there was not a cheap cover available for our boats." :( Well,.....I feel that statement was wrong as I am pleased how this one fit our Sedan even though I did try ALOT of other ones that did NOT fit very well! :laugh: I agree with you though that a "custom cover" is the way to go and as I said I will get those eventually for both of our Glasspar Boats.

John_P

More
8 years 1 month ago #24225 by GeorgeFurtsch
Replied by GeorgeFurtsch on topic Re: FINALLY,.....Found Cover For Our Seafair Sedan!!
Thanks, I was looking for a cover and saw your post. Our Wallmart and the wallmart site did not have the E size for under $200. Sportsmansguide.com had it for $94 and it fits perfect. I have gone thru 3 covers in ten years due to the windshield corners. This time I am going to use a small 10X10 cheap tarp, fold it and bungee it down over the corners to eliminate chafing.
Smooth Sailing, George

• John_P
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
8 years 1 month ago #24230 by John_P

GeorgeFurtsch wrote: Thanks, I was looking for a cover and saw your post. Our Wallmart and the wallmart site did not have the E size for under $200. Sportsmansguide.com had it for $94 and it fits perfect. I have gone thru 3 covers in ten years due to the windshield corners. This time I am going to use a small 10X10 cheap tarp, fold it and bungee it down over the corners to eliminate chafing.
Smooth Sailing, George

You are very welcome George! ;) Glad to hear the post helped you out.

I had tried several boat covers before finding the one I listed. You have to "try them on for size" before you buy them to make sure they fit that's for sure! :laugh:

John_P

More
8 years 1 month ago #24336 by mtdoragary
Good info; I plan to pick one up tomorrow. Maybe it's keep the birds and squirrels out and the dust from our dirt road off!

Undeserving but blessed!

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds