× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon FINALLY,.....Found Cover For Our Seafair Sedan!!

• John_P
  • John_P's Avatar Topic Author
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
7 years 8 months ago #23982 by John_P
We have been looking for a reasonably priced cover for our 1960 Seafair Sedan since we bought it last summer. I have looked and tried several covers at "West Marine, Overton's and Fleet Farm" Some of them fit close, but were more expensive than we wanted to pay. We will eventually have a "custom cover" made for the Seafair, but right now just wanted something to protect the boat similar to what we did on our 1960 Glasspar G-3.

Well, I am happy to report that we FINALLY found a cover that fits very well, is water resistant and only cost us $59.00. This cover is made by "Attwood Corporation" which makes alot of boat supplies and equipment. It is made of "150 Denier Polyester" and has a silver color outside. We bought it ON SALE at "Wal-Mart" but I am pretty sure the same cover is sold at "K-Mart." The cover's correct letter is "E". This cover fits boats that are 19-21 feet in length. I tried their "F" cover and it is TOO LONG! The cover comes with braided rope in the box but I used some new bungee cords I had which worked great! Actual retail price for this cover showed to be $69.00 which is still a good price. I have attached photos of the cover on our Seafair where the refurbish is presently being done.

John_P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• John_P
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #23983 by John_P
I liked the way the cover attaches to the front "eyelet" on the boat. As you can see it even fit very well over our stainless steel front rail:

The cover also fits well over the sides. Two other covers I tried fit length wise alright but were too narrow for the Seafair. This is NOT the case with this cover:

Attachments:

• John_P
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #23984 by John_P
This is a picture of the box that the cover came in. If any of you are interested in one of these covers for your Seafair BE SURE to look for the "LETTER E" model! As I said, I also tried the "LETTER F" model and it was too long!

Attachments:

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #23988 by mindco
John,
You are right about that cover from Walmart. I've had the same one on mine for three years now. Sorry, but I didn't realize you were looking for one. This year it finally rotted out and ripped when I tightened the bungee. So the three year warrantee is about right.

• John_P
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
More
7 years 8 months ago #23992 by John_P

mindco wrote: John,
You are right about that cover from Walmart. I've had the same one on mine for three years now. Sorry, but I didn't realize you were looking for one. This year it finally rotted out and ripped when I tightened the bungee. So the three year warrantee is about right.

Thanks Mike! ;) I appreciate the information on the cover. As you know, our Seafair stays in the garage all the time unless it is being used so maybe this one will go longer than three years! :laugh: By then, we should have "custom covers" made for the Seafair and the G-3.

More
7 years 8 months ago #23998 by Seanfromseattle
Replied by Seanfromseattle on topic FINALLY,.....Found Cover For Our Seafair Sedan!!
So I did some digging to try to find a link so I could just order this cover, but no luck. Maybe somebody else might have a link? I don't have a walmart around me (and I hate them)...

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds