× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Who needs Emblems!

• glassparman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #20431 by glassparman
Replied by glassparman on topic Re: Who needs Emblems!
are you going to use double stick foam backing to apply it or use those plastic welders to add mounting lugs??

Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #20432 by Seanfromseattle
Replied by Seanfromseattle on topic Re: Who needs Emblems!
Tempest, Watch out with the plan to sell them on ebay. Speaking as a pencil-headed lawyer, manufacturing a copyrighted logo, and selling them to the public, is not a good idea. It's one thing to make a few and send them to someone who covers your costs, but flat out selling them on ebay at their market price, is probably not a smart idea if you don't want to recieve a 'cease & desist" letter. And the issue of making and selling these emblems has also been discussed here before, and someone, is it Mike (?), negotiated a contract for reproduction of emblems with the current copyright owner, so you should explore that before you invite a lawsuit by putting them up on ebay. Just my opinion which is worth exactly what you paid for it! :)

But I would like two of those, and I would be more than willing to cover your costs, and Mike I would also be willing to buy two in Brass later this year.

• 1971 Tempest
  • 1971 Tempest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #20434 by 1971 Tempest
Replied by 1971 Tempest on topic Re: Who needs Emblems!
I read it. I see people selling Glasspar pennant flags and Glasspar stickers. Seeing how they don't make these boat anymore I don't see the issue. Its not like I'm selling a new boat calling it a Glasspar using the same exact logo. As long as I clearly state these are reproduction emblems and not try to pass them off as NOS OEM. I'm not worried.. but thanks for the concern.

• glassparman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #20435 by glassparman
Replied by glassparman on topic Re: Who needs Emblems!
Actually, the Glasspar trademark is held by GENMAR and we as the Association have an agreement with them to reproduce these types of items. None of the people on ebay do however and we will soon send out a Cease and Desist . . . or, check the quality of work and have them do it for us.

I would like to see the finished product and we can "authorize" such transactions. The only reason I've never worked the plastic emblems is because I can't reproduce that gold finish. I've tried several times to get different makers of those Auto emblems to make these for us but they want way too much for the quantity we need.

Michael

• 1971 Tempest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #20436 by 1971 Tempest

glassparman wrote: are you going to use double stick foam backing to apply it or use those plastic welders to add mounting lugs??

Michael

Thought about it probably double sided tape. I am not supplying that if your asking. You could use silicon what ever you choose. But as far as putting the pins on the back like the original had I've looked into it. It be to hard to make a mold to mold them in. Would probably add the pins after its poured and let them set while it cured. That would be the most practical way for me. But I don't think the pins are necessary. If you already filled the holes from not having emblems who wants to drill more holes in there hull when double sided tape works great.

• 1971 Tempest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #20437 by 1971 Tempest

glassparman wrote: Actually, the Glasspar trademark is held by GENMAR and we as the Association have an agreement with them to reproduce these types of items. None of the people on ebay do however and we will soon send out a Cease and Desist . . . or, check the quality of work and have them do it for us.

I would like to see the finished product and we can "authorize" such transactions. The only reason I've never worked the plastic emblems is because I can't reproduce that gold finish. I've tried several times to get different makers of those Auto emblems to make these for us but they want way too much for the quantity we need.

Michael

um.. so I need your permission to sell my reproduction emblems

The gold paint I think was either silk screen on. I think if you got a fine sponge roller you could just roll the gold paint on. Just don't saturate the roller as to not have the paint run down all over. Cause the emblem surface is flat. I may try this..

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds