× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Who needs Emblems!

More
6 years 1 month ago #24000 by John_P
Replied by John_P on topic Who needs Emblems!

Seanfromseattle wrote: What gold color did you use? What was the paint brand? I need to paint my emblems...

2nd Question: What was the gold color that Glasspar used? Is there an official color?

Sean:

If you are painting any Glasspar Emblems, I found a model paint by "Testors" that is real close to the gold on the Glasspar Emblems. I ill try to get a picture and number up here for you.

John_P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #24047 by Seanfromseattle
Replied by Seanfromseattle on topic Who needs Emblems!
How well does the Testor's hold up? I don't mind touching up the lettering once in awhile but I don't want to do it all the time...

Is it Testor's Metallic Gold?
www.testors.com/products/137212

Or is it Testor's Champagne Gold
www.testors.com/products/136611

I also found some gold leaf paint made for those real pretty names (But not cheap) )Anybody know anything about this paint? :
Sheffield Super Bright Gold Enamel Metallic Boat Lettering Paint (this paint replaces the no longer available Kemp Permagild).
www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal..._product.do?pid=4391

More
6 years 1 month ago #24050 by John_P
Replied by John_P on topic Who needs Emblems!

Seanfromseattle wrote: How well does the Testor's hold up? I don't mind touching up the lettering once in awhile but I don't want to do it all the time...

Is it Testor's Metallic Gold?
www.testors.com/products/137212

Or is it Testor's Champagne Gold
www.testors.com/products/136611

I also found some gold leaf paint made for those real pretty names (But not cheap) )Anybody know anything about this paint? :
Sheffield Super Bright Gold Enamel Metallic Boat Lettering Paint (this paint replaces the no longer available Kemp Permagild).
www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal..._product.do?pid=4391

Sean:

It is neither of the two (2) "Testor's" Colors you listed. The color is called BRASS and the "Testor's" Code Number is #1182 to help you. I had tried both of the ""Testor's" Colors you listed and on our G-3 Medallion they were way off.
The "Testor's" Paint has held up very well on the G-3 Medallions Sean and I am very happy with it. I have not tried the "Sheffield" Paint you mentioned but have heard it is real good paint.

More
2 years 2 months ago #29264 by clduncan
Replied by clduncan on topic Who needs Emblems!
Are you still making these?

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds