× Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

Topic-icon Who needs Emblems!

• 1971 Tempest
  • 1971 Tempest's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #20438 by 1971 Tempest
Replied by 1971 Tempest on topic Who needs Emblems!
Well I don't think i'm going to make alot of money from this. I know some people need some but not a huge market out there. Probably anyone who has a Glasspar has been on this site. There not a enough people to make this a hot venture. I needed some for myself and hey why not make a few more to sell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #20439 by Andgott
Replied by Andgott on topic Who needs Emblems!

1971 Tempest wrote:
um.. so I need your permission to sell my reproduction emblems

No, you need the permission of the copyright holder, OR someone who has negotiated rights to use the name/emblem. That has already been done on behalf of the Glasspar Owners Association- So they (we) would have the ability, as a group, to use the glasspar name and associated logos...

Just because the boats are not made does not mean that copyright laws don't apply- and just because there are people who choose to skirt or flagrantly break those laws doesn't mean that it's OK to do so yourself- And, just because THEY didn't get sued, doesn't mean that YOU won't be. They can choose if and when they defend their property, and if they happen to choose you, good luck! Hope you have a lawyer on retainer.

Copyrights are a 'sore point' to me, as an artist, I've seen my own intellectual property 'borrowed' all too often without permission or compensation. People seem to think that if it's on the web, it's a free for all...

-Andrew

• 1971 Tempest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago #20440 by 1971 Tempest
Not looking to fight with you all. Thanks for the heads up. I'll know who ratted me out when I get the letter. :)

• polkadots
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Pat Harris
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #20444 by polkadots
Replied by polkadots on topic Who needs Emblems!
i think its great that you are making those emblems, boss.. they look GREAT! count me down for a set. as others have stated, GOA (michael) has put much time and effort in negotiations with the Glasspar parent company. going thru him is your best bet..

not many know this, but if you are shopping thru glasspar items on ebay, and you first enter the ebay site thru the ebay link on the GOA site- the "glasspar items on ebay" link in the green menu bar to the left - then when buying that glasspar item the GOA gets a commission from ebay. doesnt cost you anything, only ebay. another example of the hard work and negotiations that michael has done on our behalf. that commission goes to the continuing upkeep of this site, and its interests.

all for one, one for all

cheers, captain
pat

• 1971 Tempest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #20445 by 1971 Tempest
Seriously who cares someone wants to provide a part that cannot be bought new yet alone used anywhere. I could understand if this part was still being produces or remanufactured at a ridiculous price and someone came along and made it cheaper. I could see them wanting to protect there product. What I see is a company that doesn't produce these boat anymore or any parts. I don't see help from them as far as reproducing any parts for us. So we have to make do with what there is. If they feel so threaten from someone like me who can provide a part for a very small market then let the dogs loose on me. They should if anything thank me thank me. But as you point out that Genmar has given we Glasspar Owners Association permission to produce parts like this. I being a paid member of Glasspar Owners Association I guess that includes me as an associate of GOA :)

Anyone who needs emblems you can contact me. And will get the Exclusive GOA member price

• 1971 Tempest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #20457 by 1971 Tempest
Well I got 6 pairs made. I messed around with color this polyurethane doesn't take pigment to well. Red turned out pink, black turned out gray, blue turned out light green. Yellow is the only color that looks yellow. The natural color is beige without any pigment. You all probably paint them black so color really don't matter.

Moderators: gwbellglassparman.admin
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds